Обсуждение: Connecting to old 7.1 Database

Connecting to old 7.1 Database

От
Andy Greensted
Дата:
Hi All,

I need to connect to a version 7.1 PostgreSQL database. Unfortunately, I
cannot get the 7.1.3 source to compile. configure gives this error:

checking types of arguments for accept()... configure: error: could not
determine argument types

I'm not posting to pgsql-bugs because I think this is to do with me
having a much newer environment (gentoo linux) than was around when
7.1.3 was released.

So, two questions:

- Is there anyway to run a newer version (8.3.5) of psql in some sort of
'backwards compatible' mode?

- Do you have any tips on making 7.1.3 compile on a newer system?

Many thanks
Andy

Re: Connecting to old 7.1 Database

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 19/11/2008 10:57, Andy Greensted wrote:

> - Is there anyway to run a newer version (8.3.5) of psql in some sort of
> 'backwards compatible' mode?

Newer versions of pg_dump are usually able to dump data from older PG
versions, so in theory you ought to be able to suck your data from the
old DB and load it into a newer one. I dunno about 7.1 -> 8.3, though -
that's quite a gulf!

If that doesn't work, maybe you could try 7.4.23 which is still
supported and available from the website.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: Connecting to old 7.1 Database

От
Andy Greensted
Дата:
After a trying a few different versions, 7.2.8 seems to compile OK and
is happy connecting to a 7.1 server.

Andy

--
Dr. Andrew Greensted      Department of Electronics
Bio-Inspired Engineering  University of York, YO10 5DD, UK

Tel: +44(0)1904 432828    Mailto: ajg112@ohm.york.ac.uk
Fax: +44(0)1904 432335    Web: http://www.bioinspired.com/users/ajg112

2009 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation: http://www.cec-2009.org