Обсуждение: Urgent - Grant

Urgent - Grant

От
Gustavo Rosso
Дата:
People of world, help help please.
I created a DB with super-user postgres, I give all privileges to DB
(banco is my DB)
GRANT ALL ON DATABASE banco TO PUBLIC;
GRANT CREATE ON DATABASE banco TO PUBLIC

But other users can't create tables in this DB
ERROR:
banco=> create table tabla (x   integer);
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index
"tabla_oid_idx" for table "tabla"
*ERROR:  must be owner of relation tabla*
banco=>

But they can use select,update,delete
What happen? What must to do?

Thanks, thanks...

Re: Urgent - Grant

От
"A. Kretschmer"
Дата:
am  Tue, dem 18.11.2008, um 11:25:16 -0300 mailte Gustavo Rosso folgendes:
> People of world, help help please.
> I created a DB with super-user postgres, I give all privileges to DB
> (banco is my DB)
> GRANT ALL ON DATABASE banco TO PUBLIC;
> GRANT CREATE ON DATABASE banco TO PUBLIC
>
> But other users can't create tables in this DB
> ERROR:
> banco=> create table tabla (x   integer);
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index
> "tabla_oid_idx" for table "tabla"
> *ERROR:  must be owner of relation tabla*
> banco=>

Which version?

Apparently very old, since OID are deprecated for a long time.

I can't reproduce your problem:

test=# create user foo;
CREATE ROLE
test=# GRANT ALL ON DATABASE test to public;
GRANT
test=# GRANT CREATE ON DATABASE test to public;
GRANT
test=# \q
kretschmer@apache-new:~$ psql-dev -U foo test
psql (8.4devel)
Type "help" for help.

test=> select current_user;
 current_user
--------------
 foo
(1 row)

test=> create table tabla (x   integer);
CREATE TABLE
test=> create table tablb (x   integer primary key);
"tablb_pkey" for table "tablb"
CREATE TABLE
test=>

Regards, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer

Re: Urgent - Grant

От
Gustavo Rosso
Дата:
Andreas, my version is:
select version();
 PostgreSQL 7.4 informix1.8 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc
(GCC) 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)
Is it old version?
Can to be the reason for my problem?

A. Kretschmer escribió:
> am  Tue, dem 18.11.2008, um 11:25:16 -0300 mailte Gustavo Rosso folgendes:
>
>> People of world, help help please.
>> I created a DB with super-user postgres, I give all privileges to DB
>> (banco is my DB)
>> GRANT ALL ON DATABASE banco TO PUBLIC;
>> GRANT CREATE ON DATABASE banco TO PUBLIC
>>
>> But other users can't create tables in this DB
>> ERROR:
>> banco=> create table tabla (x   integer);
>> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index
>> "tabla_oid_idx" for table "tabla"
>> *ERROR:  must be owner of relation tabla*
>> banco=>
>>

> Which version?
>
> Apparently very old, since OID are deprecated for a long time.
>

> I can't reproduce your problem:
>

> test=# create user foo;
> CREATE ROLE
> test=# GRANT ALL ON DATABASE test to public;
> GRANT
> test=# GRANT CREATE ON DATABASE test to public;
> GRANT
> test=# \q
> kretschmer@apache-new:~$ psql-dev -U foo test
> psql (8.4devel)
> Type "help" for help.
>
> test=> select current_user;
>  current_user
> --------------
>  foo
> (1 row)
>
> test=> create table tabla (x   integer);
> CREATE TABLE
> test=> create table tablb (x   integer primary key);
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> "tablb_pkey" for table "tablb"
> CREATE TABLE
> test=>
>

> Regards, Andreas

Re: Urgent - Grant

От
Stephane Bortzmeyer
Дата:
On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:46:07AM -0300,
 Gustavo Rosso <grosso@sadaic.org.ar> wrote
 a message of 68 lines which said:

> PostgreSQL 7.4 informix1.8 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc
> (GCC) 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)
> Is it old version?

It is still in Debian "stable" (which also has 8.1) but it will no
longer be present in the next "stable", called "lenny", which will be
released in one or two months.

So, you may prepare to migrate.

Re: Urgent - Grant

Дата:
"A. Kretschmer" <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com> writes:
> am  Tue, dem 18.11.2008, um 11:25:16 -0300 mailte Gustavo Rosso folgendes:
>> banco=> create table tabla (x   integer);
>> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index
>> "tabla_oid_idx" for table "tabla"
>> *ERROR:  must be owner of relation tabla*

> Which version?
> Apparently very old, since OID are deprecated for a long time.

There has never been any released version of PostgreSQL that
automatically created a unique index on OID.  What it looks like to me
is that Gustavo is running a version that contains some broken
third-party patches.

            regards, tom lane