Обсуждение: grant privileges

grant privileges

От
Garry Saddington
Дата:
Is there a way to grant all priveleges on all tables and sequences in a
database at the same time?
regards
Garry

Re: grant privileges

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 08/11/2008 12:29, Garry Saddington wrote:
> Is there a way to grant all priveleges on all tables and sequences in a
> database at the same time?

Not easily, AFAIK - this question comes up from time to time, and you'll
find in the archives examples of scripts that pull object names from the
system catalogues and use these to generate GRANT commands.

You could also try pgAdmin, which has a really handy "Grant wizard" to
do this.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: grant privileges

От
Andreas Kretschmer
Дата:
Garry Saddington <garry@schoolteachers.co.uk> schrieb:

> Is there a way to grant all priveleges on all tables and sequences in a
> database at the same time?

No, but there are several solutions for that:

14:00 < akretschmer> ??grantall
14:00 < pg_docbot_adz> For information about 'grantall' see:
14:00 < pg_docbot_adz> http://www.onlamp.com/databases/2006/01/19/examples/plperl-article-2.sql ::
http://pgedit.com/public/sql/acl_admin/index.html::
                       http://unf.be/postgresql/postgres_grant_all.perl ::
http://www.archonet.com/pgdocs/grant-all.html

Andreas

Re: grant privileges

От
Garry Saddington
Дата:
On Saturday 08 November 2008 13:01, Andreas Kretschmer wrote:
> Garry Saddington <garry@schoolteachers.co.uk> schrieb:
> > Is there a way to grant all priveleges on all tables and sequences in a
> > database at the same time?

Thanks I've just installed pgAdmin and that has done the trick.
Regards
Garry

Re: grant privileges

От
Martin Gainty
Дата:
Good Morning Garry-

if you dont mind command line you can categorise your GRANTS into ROLES e.g.
CREATE role Name Identified BY OBAMA

then grant the necessary privs to that specific role
grant <Priv> to role

then pass the granted tole to the user
grant role to user <WITH ADMIN OPTION>

WITH ADMIN OPTION allows the user the ability to pass grants to deserving students

HTH
Martin Gainty
DBA Instructor
Disclaimer and confidentiality note