Обсуждение: Error in installation...

Error in installation...

От
"Shashank Mujumdar"
Дата:
Hi..

I've this problem in installation...I installed the postgresql-8.3
version without the service...Then to initialize I gave the command
initdb -D path\ in the command prompt...It showed some notifications
and it finally said to start the database server I needed to enter the
command

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin> postgres -D C:\path\to\pgsqldata

when I entered the command I got the following notification..

LOG:  database system was shut down at 2008-11-02 18:17:13 IST
LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
LOG:  autovacuum launcher started

After this nothing happens..The command prompt does not appear..As if
the cursor is waiting for some input or something like that..
Please let me know if I missed something in installation process..What
might be the problem ???

Re: Error in installation...

От
Raymond O'Donnell