Re: Error in installation...

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Error in installation...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/11/2008 19:15, Shashank Mujumdar wrote:

> After this nothing happens..The command prompt does not appear..As if
> the cursor is waiting for some input or something like that..
> Please let me know if I missed something in installation process..What
> might be the problem ???

I meant to add that you're not seeing a command prompt coming back
because Windows does not have an "execute in the background" command
like Linux, etc. - so the postgres process will continue to run in the
window from which you started it until you tell it to stop by pressing
Ctrl-C or some such. You'll get your command prompt back then.

If you're going to be running PG a lot on this machine, or running it on
a production server, the better way really is to install it as a
service, so that it can continue to run even when nobody is logged in.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie