Обсуждение: Need some help

Need some help

От
Jamie Deppeler
Дата:
trying to install Postgresql 8.3  and i keep getting these errors

libodbc.so is needed
libodbcinst.so is needed

Hopefully someone can help me

Re: Need some help

От
"Chandra ASGI Tech"
Дата:
Hi,

I may not have the answer immediately but I think more details like on which OS you are trying to install  and whether you are using the binary or are building it yourself, would be helpful for others to give a solution.

Regards,
ChandraASGI

trying to install Postgresql 8.3  and i keep getting these errors

libodbc.so is needed
libodbcinst.so is needed

Hopefully someone can help me

Re: Need some help

От
"Andrej Ricnik-Bay"
Дата:
On 01/07/2008, Jamie Deppeler <jamie@doitonce.net.au> wrote:
> trying to install Postgresql 8.3  and i keep getting these errors
>
>  libodbc.so is needed
>  libodbcinst.so is needed
>
>  Hopefully someone can help me
I'll hazard a guess and assume you're using some sort
of Linux :} ...which distro are you using, how are you
installing postgres?

Cheers,
Tink

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.

Re: Need some help

От
Allan Kamau
Дата:
Indeed, perhaps no one in the mailing list can look over your shoulder
to get the much needed additional details as Chandra has pointed out.

My guess is that you may be trying a binary install, perhaps rpm. The
install the complains that it cannot find libraries that it requires
installed on the system, in your case it seems to be ODBC related
libraries. If you prefer to proceed with installation from from binary
you may want to google for RPM libodbc.so (if your system makes use of
RPM packages).

Allan.

Chandra ASGI Tech wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I may not have the answer immediately but I think more details like on
> which OS you are trying to install  and whether you are using the
> binary or are building it yourself, would be helpful for others to
> give a solution.
>
> Regards,
> ChandraASGI
>
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 4:37 AM, Jamie Deppeler <jamie@doitonce.net.au
> <mailto:jamie@doitonce.net.au>> wrote:
>
>     trying to install Postgresql 8.3  and i keep getting these errors
>
>     libodbc.so is needed
>     libodbcinst.so is needed
>
>     Hopefully someone can help me
>
>     --

Re: Need some help

От
"Chandra ASGI Tech"
Дата:
Probably your installation misses those odbc drivers. you may either use the yum package manager (refer http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12749&forum=44&post_id=42050#forumpost42050) or download the drivers from http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/5594193/com/unixODBC-2.2.12-1.el4s1.1.x86_64.rpm.html

- regards,
ChandraASGI

OS: Centos 4.6 (eq REL 4)