Обсуждение: SSL SYSCALL error: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall

Hello,

I'm having trouble with postgres filling the log with SSL SYSCALL error: A
blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.  I've
googled search this error but came up with mostly 2 year old questions and
no answers.  Can anyone help or point in the right direction to fix this
error.

vyang

"vyang" <vyang@apt-cafm.com> writes:
> I'm having trouble with postgres filling the log with SSL SYSCALL error: A
> blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.

That was fixed some time ago:

    * src/backend/libpq/: be-secure.c (REL7_4_STABLE), be-secure.c
    (REL8_1_STABLE), be-secure.c (REL8_0_STABLE), be-secure.c
    (REL8_2_STABLE), be-secure.c: Remove redundant logging of send
    failures when SSL is in use.  While pqcomm.c had been taught not to
    do that ages ago, the SSL code was helpfully bleating anyway.
    Resolves some recent reports such as bug #3266; however the
    underlying cause of the related bug #2829 is still unclear.

Update to a newer release.

            regards, tom lane

Re: SSL SYSCALL error: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall

От
Magnus Hagander
Tom Lane wrote:
> "vyang" <vyang@apt-cafm.com> writes:
>> I'm having trouble with postgres filling the log with SSL SYSCALL error: A
>> blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.
>
> That was fixed some time ago:

>     * src/backend/libpq/: be-secure.c (REL7_4_STABLE), be-secure.c
>     (REL8_1_STABLE), be-secure.c (REL8_0_STABLE), be-secure.c
>     (REL8_2_STABLE), be-secure.c: Remove redundant logging of send
>     failures when SSL is in use.  While pqcomm.c had been taught not to
>     do that ages ago, the SSL code was helpfully bleating anyway.
>     Resolves some recent reports such as bug #3266; however the
>     underlying cause of the related bug #2829 is still unclear.
>
> Update to a newer release.

Actually, this only fixes the repeated logging that could take down your
entire server. The underlying issue is still there AFAIK, and can kill a
single connection.

Changing the SSL code to get around that is on my TODO for 8.4.

//Magnus