Обсуждение: Ubuntu libraries needed

Ubuntu libraries needed

От
Ralph Smith
Дата:
I have a new install of 7.4 Ubuntu, and I'm looking for some advice on where to get the libraries I need for the source configure and install to work.
Does anybody know off the top of their head where to look?
Thanks!
-----
smithrn@smithrn-ltb1:~/Desktop/postgresql-7.4.17$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgslq7417 --with-perl --with-python --with-krb5 --with-openssl
checking which template to use... linux
checking whether to build with 64-bit integer date/time support... no
checking whether NLS is wanted... no
checking for default port number... 5432
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
smithrn@smithrn-ltb1:~/Desktop/postgresql-7.4.17$

-----
Ralph Smith
=====================

Re: Ubuntu libraries needed

От
"Andrej Ricnik-Bay"
Дата:
On 9/11/07, Ralph Smith <smithrn@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> I have a new install of 7.4 Ubuntu, and I'm looking for some advice on where
> to get the libraries I need for the source configure and install to work.
> Does anybody know off the top of their head where to look?
You're not missing libraries (maybe you are, you haven't gotten
that far yet).  Check config.log to find what exactly the script
was trying to do when it failed.

> Thanks!
cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.

Re: Ubuntu libraries needed

От
Leonel
Дата:
On 9/10/07, Ralph Smith <smithrn@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> I have a new install of 7.4 Ubuntu, and I'm looking for some advice on where
> to get the libraries I need for the source configure and install to work.
> Does anybody know off the top of their head where to look?
> Thanks!
> -----
> smithrn@smithrn-ltb1:~/Desktop/postgresql-7.4.17$ ./configure
> --prefix=/usr/local/pgslq7417 --with-perl --with-python --with-krb5
> --with-openssl
> checking which template to use... linux
> checking whether to build with 64-bit integer date/time support... no
> checking whether NLS is wanted... no
> checking for default port number... 5432
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
> cannot create executables
> smithrn@smithrn-ltb1:~/Desktop/postgresql-7.4.17$
>
> -----
>
> Ralph Smith
> smithrn@u.washington.edu

you need to install  the package build-essential  that install all you
need to compile and make executables

--
Leonel