Обсуждение: problem Linking a TTable component to a pgsql view using BCB5

problem Linking a TTable component to a pgsql view using BCB5

От
"JLoz"
Дата:
Hello,

I am writing an application in Borland C++ builder 5 that connects to a
postgresql database (8.2.4).

I am trying to link a TDBListBox to a view by using a TTable and a
TDataSource component but when I send the TTable->Refresh() I get the
following error:

"Table does not support this operation because it is not uniquely indexed".

I have not been able to find a workaround for this?

Can anyone help me?  Is this the right list to post this to?

Thanks in advance,

JLoz

Re: problem Linking a TTable component to a pgsql view using BCB5

От
"Rodrigo De León"
Дата:
On 8/21/07, JLoz <jfsierra@excite.com> wrote:
> I have not been able to find a workaround for this?

Does the table have a unique index/primary key?

Re: problem Linking a TTable component to a pgsql view using BCB5

От
"JLoz"
Дата:
> Does the table have a unique index/primary key?

The view shows fields from two tables.  One of the primary keys of one of
the tables is shown by the view.

Thanks,

JLoz

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: problem Linking a TTable component to a pgsql view using BCB5

От
"Merlin Moncure"
Дата:
On 8/23/07, JLoz <jfsierra@excite.com> wrote:
> > Does the table have a unique index/primary key?
>
> The view shows fields from two tables.  One of the primary keys of one of
> the tables is shown by the view.

you will probably have better luck with the TQuery component.  Also,
you should try out another TDataset implementation...for example Zeos.
 The BDE is old, slow, and  buggy.

merlin