Обсуждение: catalog location

catalog location

От
Carmen Martinez
Дата:
Please, I need to know where the catalog tables (pg_class, pg_attrdef...) are located in the postgresql rdbms. Because I can not see them in the pgAdminII interface, like other tables or objects. And I can not find any reference about where this information is, please any help would be welcome.

Also I'd like to know if these catalog classes are owned by the superuser (I defined it when I installed ) or all the users could access to them and perhaps modify them.

Thanks,

Carmen

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com

Re: catalog location

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 07/07/2007 20:06, Carmen Martinez wrote:

> Please, I need to know where the catalog tables (pg_class,
> pg_attrdef...) are located in the postgresql rdbms. Because I can not
> see them in the pgAdminII interface, like other tables or objects. And I

There is a separate list for pgAdmin questions - you're better off to
direct pgAdmin questions there.

What version of pgAdmin are you using? In versions up to the current one
(1.6.3), you need to click View -> System Objects (or something like
that). In the coming version to be released in the not-too-distant
future, there is a separate "Catalogs" node in the treeview on the left.

HTH,

Ray.

rod@iol.ie