Обсуждение: storing transactions

storing transactions

От
kaspro@web.de
Дата:
Hi all,
I’ve been studying the whole evening and don’t seem to find an answer:
I want to “store” transactions on the server- like view’s, or, (sorry) as in M$ SQL Server CREATE OR REPLACE
TRANSACTIONxyz()........
Is this possible with postgres or do I have to store all these at the client side?!

Thanks heaps,
Chris

Re: storing transactions

От
"Talha Khan"
Дата:
You can save your transactions in an sql file and then run that file whenever you need to run those transactions.

Regards
Talha Khan

I've been studying the whole evening and don't seem to find an answer:
I want to "store" transactions on the server- like view's, or, (sorry) as in M$ SQL Server CREATE OR REPLACE TRANSACTION xyz()........
Is this possible with postgres or do I have to store all these at the client side?!

Thanks heaps,
Chris

Re: storing transactions

От
Ron Johnson
Дата:

Re: storing transactions

От
Chris Mair
Дата:
> I’ve been studying the whole evening and don’t seem to find an answer:
> I want to “store” transactions on the server- like view’s, or, (sorry) as in M$ SQL Server CREATE OR REPLACE
TRANSACTIONxyz()........

Of course, it's possible.
What you need is
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION xyz() RETURNS trigger AS ...
then
CREATE TRIGGER ... EXECUTE PROCEDURE xyz();

Look here for an example:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/plpgsql-trigger.html

Bye,
Chris.

Re: storing transactions

От
kaspro@web.de
Дата:
Mabye I made myself not clear enough- sorry for that...
What I want is having a statement like:

PROCEDURE MyProcedure(Value1 int, Value2 text, Value3 varchar(30))
BEGIN
   ---check if something is valid
   ---compute something
   ---store values I got via THIS query and put them in table A, B and C
   ---see wether everything is ok
COMMIT;

...which I execute from a client like: exec MyProcedure(Value1, Value2, Value3)

Sorry for beeing not exact enough...

Thanks in advance,
Chris