Обсуждение: Permissions to connect to postgres database

Permissions to connect to postgres database

От
"Jasbinder Bali"
Дата:
Hi,
I have a database in postgres and i've given trusted permissions to all making required changes
in pg_hba.conf.

Now, I'm trying to connect to the database using ECPG. Unfortunately after
EXEC SQL CONNECT dbxyz
gives me error -402 that means i don't have permissions to the database.

I'm running this ECPG code under root permissions.
Don't know what needs to be done to make it work.

Is there some kind of a script file that needs to be run
so that everything is well in place.

Regards,
~Jas

Re: Permissions to connect to postgres database

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Jasbinder Bali wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a database in postgres and i've given trusted permissions to all
> making required changes
> in pg_hba.conf.
>
> Now, I'm trying to connect to the database using ECPG. Unfortunately after
> EXEC SQL CONNECT dbxyz
> gives me error -402 that means i don't have permissions to the database.

If you turn on connection logging on the postgresql server you'll see
what's happening. Don't forget system users and postgresql users aren't
connected.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: Permissions to connect to postgres database

От
"Jasbinder Bali"
Дата:
How do i turn on the connection logging and then how do you actually check it?

On 7/27/06, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com > wrote:
Jasbinder Bali wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a database in postgres and i've given trusted permissions to all
> making required changes
> in pg_hba.conf.
>
> Now, I'm trying to connect to the database using ECPG. Unfortunately after
> EXEC SQL CONNECT dbxyz
> gives me error -402 that means i don't have permissions to the database.

If you turn on connection logging on the postgresql server you'll see
what's happening. Don't forget system users and postgresql users aren't
connected.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: Permissions to connect to postgres database

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Jasbinder Bali wrote:
> How do i turn on the connection logging and then how do you actually check
> it?

Log settings are in your postgresql.conf file and are detailed in this
part of the manual:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/runtime-config-logging.html

Where your logfiles are stored will depend on your settings, but
typically on a unix-style system they will be in /var/log/.

I recommend you stop what you're doing for an hour or two and quickly
read through section III (Server Administration) of the manuals. That
will save you a lot of time later.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: Permissions to connect to postgres database

От
"Shoaib Mir"
Дата:
You can turn on connection logging by setting the following in postgresql.conf file:

log_connections = on
log_disconnections = on

and this will log all the connections and disconnections to your database server in the db server log files.

Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com)

Jasbinder Bali wrote:
> How do i turn on the connection logging and then how do you actually check
> it?

Log settings are in your postgresql.conf file and are detailed in this
part of the manual:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/runtime-config-logging.html

Where your logfiles are stored will depend on your settings, but
typically on a unix-style system they will be in /var/log/.

I recommend you stop what you're doing for an hour or two and quickly
read through section III (Server Administration) of the manuals. That
will save you a lot of time later.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd