Обсуждение: postmaster: StreamConnection: accept: No such device or address

postmaster: StreamConnection: accept: No such device or address

От
Reid Thompson
Дата:
Using a legacy installation ( 7.2.3 ).
Occasionally the system will reach a state where attempted psql
connection attempts fail, with the following error in the postgresql
log:
postmaster: StreamConnection: accept: No such device or address

Will also occasionally get "no connection to server" errors from ecpg
programs ( which I believe are probably due to the same issud ).

Can anyone shed some light on what could be causing this?  OS resource
limitation?  Known bug in ancient version of PG?

thanks,
reid

Re: postmaster: StreamConnection: accept: No such device or address

От
"Larry Rosenman"
Дата:
Reid Thompson wrote:
> Using a legacy installation ( 7.2.3 ).
> Occasionally the system will reach a state where attempted psql
> connection attempts fail, with the following error in the postgresql
> log:
> postmaster: StreamConnection: accept: No such device or address
>
> Will also occasionally get "no connection to server" errors from ecpg
> programs ( which I believe are probably due to the same issud ).
>
> Can anyone shed some light on what could be causing this?  OS resource
> limitation?  Known bug in ancient version of PG?
>
> thanks,
> reid

Is something cleaning /tmp of the unix socket?  Older versions didn't keep
the
timestamp updated, and /tmp cleaning utilities could remove the socket.

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893

Re: postmaster: StreamConnection: accept: No such device

От
Reid Thompson
Дата:
Larry Rosenman wrote:
> Reid Thompson wrote:
>
>> Using a legacy installation ( 7.2.3 ).
>> Occasionally the system will reach a state where attempted psql
>> connection attempts fail, with the following error in the postgresql
>> log:
>> postmaster: StreamConnection: accept: No such device or address
>>
>> Will also occasionally get "no connection to server" errors from ecpg
>> programs ( which I believe are probably due to the same issud ).
>>
>> Can anyone shed some light on what could be causing this?  OS resource
>> limitation?  Known bug in ancient version of PG?
>>
>> thanks,
>> reid
>>

> Is something cleaning /tmp of the unix socket?  Older versions didn't keep
> the
> timestamp updated, and /tmp cleaning utilities could remove the socket.

The errors occur when psql is used with -h also, and the ecpg program is
connecting from a different host.