Re: postmaster: StreamConnection: accept: No such device or address

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: postmaster: StreamConnection: accept: No such device or address
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Reid Thompson wrote:
> Using a legacy installation ( 7.2.3 ).
> Occasionally the system will reach a state where attempted psql
> connection attempts fail, with the following error in the postgresql
> log:
> postmaster: StreamConnection: accept: No such device or address
>
> Will also occasionally get "no connection to server" errors from ecpg
> programs ( which I believe are probably due to the same issud ).
>
> Can anyone shed some light on what could be causing this?  OS resource
> limitation?  Known bug in ancient version of PG?
>
> thanks,
> reid

Is something cleaning /tmp of the unix socket?  Older versions didn't keep
the
timestamp updated, and /tmp cleaning utilities could remove the socket.

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893