Обсуждение: Cygwin psql with Windows native Postgres

Cygwin psql with Windows native Postgres

От
"Michael Artz"
Дата:
I thought I'd be clever and use the cygwin 'psql' client to connect to
the Windows native PostgreSQL 8.1.3 running on the same box, since the
the cygwin port feels more like home (keybindings).  Unfortunately, I
get the following message when connecting (after about a minute):

$ psql -h 127.0.0.1 -l
psql: server closed the connection unexpectedly
        before or while processing the request.

So it looks like psql is connecting just fine, but timing out.  I can't
find anything of interest in the logs, and pg_hba.conf seems to be set
up just fine.  The native cmd psql works fine, as well as pgAdmin.

Has anyone done this before with/without success?  Any ideas on what
else to check out?

Thanks
-Mike

Re: Cygwin psql with Windows native Postgres

Дата:
"Michael Artz" <mlartz@gmail.com> writes:
> I thought I'd be clever and use the cygwin 'psql' client to connect to
> the Windows native PostgreSQL 8.1.3 running on the same box, since the
> the cygwin port feels more like home (keybindings).  Unfortunately, I
> get the following message when connecting (after about a minute):

> $ psql -h 127.0.0.1 -l
> psql: server closed the connection unexpectedly
>         This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>         before or while processing the request.

The postmaster log might have something enlightening ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: Cygwin psql with Windows native Postgres

От
"Michael Artz"
Дата:
> The postmaster log might have something enlightening ...

hmm, perhaps.  I had a couple of these messages in there:

postgresql-2006-05-14_105843.log:2006-05-14 11:01:34 LOG:  could not
receive data from client: No connection could be made because the
target machine actively refused it.

however I tried to connect again and didn't see an error in the logs,
so I'm thinking that it doesn't correspond to my problem.  I'm not that
familiar with windows, and apparently winpcap doesn't let me put a
listener up on the the windows equivalent of lo0, so I can't really see
what's going on.  Any other ideas?

Thanks
-Mike