Обсуждение: How can i import .backup file into the database

How can i import .backup file into the database

От
venu gopal
Дата:
Dear List,
    I am trying to import tables from a file called choro.backup.I have created a db called dhis.Is this not possible to import data from a .backup file.If it is not possible then how can i import the data into my database.Can you please give me the steps how to import the data from a .backup file.

Thanks in advance,

venu

Re: How can i import .backup file into the database

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Dienstag, 4. April 2006 10:59 schrieb venu gopal:
>     I am trying to import tables from a file called choro.backup.I have
> created a db called dhis.Is this not possible to import data from a .backup
> file.If it is not possible then how can i import the data into my
> database.Can you please give me the steps how to import the data from a
> .backup file.

Perhaps you could explain to us what format the .backup file has.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: How can i import .backup file into the database

От
Jim Nasby
Дата:
On Apr 4, 2006, at 4:59 AM, venu gopal wrote:
> Dear List,
>     I am trying to import tables from a file called choro.backup.I
> have created a db called dhis.Is this not possible to import data
> from a .backup file.If it is not possible then how can i import the
> data into my database.Can you please give me the steps how to
> import the data from a .backup file.

PostgreSQL supports several different backup formats, and doesn't
care what you call them, so a .backup could be any of the three.
You'll need to take a look at the file to get an idea of what format
it's in. If it's in plain SQL you can just feed it to psql, if not
give us the first few lines and we can help. If it's just gibberish
then try running it through gunzip first.