Re: How can i import .backup file into the database

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: How can i import .backup file into the database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Apr 4, 2006, at 4:59 AM, venu gopal wrote:
> Dear List,
>     I am trying to import tables from a file called choro.backup.I
> have created a db called dhis.Is this not possible to import data
> from a .backup file.If it is not possible then how can i import the
> data into my database.Can you please give me the steps how to
> import the data from a .backup file.

PostgreSQL supports several different backup formats, and doesn't
care what you call them, so a .backup could be any of the three.
You'll need to take a look at the file to get an idea of what format
it's in. If it's in plain SQL you can just feed it to psql, if not
give us the first few lines and we can help. If it's just gibberish
then try running it through gunzip first.