Обсуждение: Connecting

Connecting

От
Bob Pawley
Дата:
I have been attempting to connect to a database (Postgresql 8.0, running on XP.

I have two different applications that see and apparently connect to the Postgresql ODBC driver (version - psqlodbc-08_00_0101) but I receive an error message when attempting to connect.

Do I somehow have the wrong driver for my version of Postgresql or is there something in Postgresql that I need to switch on???

Bob Pawley

Re: Connecting

От
Martijn van Oosterhout
Дата:
On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 06:08:44AM -0800, Bob Pawley wrote:
> I have been attempting to connect to a database (Postgresql 8.0, running on XP.
>
> I have two different applications that see and apparently connect to
> the Postgresql ODBC driver (version - psqlodbc-08_00_0101) but I
> receive an error message when attempting to connect.

You're going to have to tell us the error message if you want any help.
Our mind-reading devices are offline today.

Have a ncie day,

Re: Connecting

От
Tony Caduto
Дата:
Bob Pawley wrote:

> Do I somehow have the wrong driver for my version of Postgresql or is
> there something in Postgresql that I need to switch on???
>
> Bob Pawley

Hi Bob,
Make sure you have the listen_addresses setting in postgresql.conf set to *

listen_addresses = '*'            # what IP address(es) to listen on;
                    # comma-separated list of addresses;
                    # defaults to 'localhost', '*' = all

Also make sure you have a entry in the pg_hba.conf file that allows your
remote host to connect, you can either specify a explicit host or you
can allow whole subnets access.

These files are located(at least on my PC :-) :C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\data

Hope this helps,

Tony Caduto
AM Software Design
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com
Your best bet for Postgresql Administration

Re: Connecting

От
Bob Pawley
Дата:
Thanks Tony I found it.

Can you give me a hint as to how to open the file??

Bob