Re: Connecting

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: Connecting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bob Pawley wrote:

> Do I somehow have the wrong driver for my version of Postgresql or is
> there something in Postgresql that I need to switch on???
>
> Bob Pawley

Hi Bob,
Make sure you have the listen_addresses setting in postgresql.conf set to *

listen_addresses = '*'            # what IP address(es) to listen on;
                    # comma-separated list of addresses;
                    # defaults to 'localhost', '*' = all

Also make sure you have a entry in the pg_hba.conf file that allows your
remote host to connect, you can either specify a explicit host or you
can allow whole subnets access.

These files are located(at least on my PC :-) :C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\data

Hope this helps,

Tony Caduto
AM Software Design
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com
Your best bet for Postgresql Administration