Обсуждение: pgadmin

pgadmin

От
Mary Adel
Дата:
I am trying to set PgAdmin so that i can connect from my pc to the
server  but i have error saying :

Error connecting to the server: could not connect to server:
Connection refused
Is the server running on host "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

how i can solve this
can anyone help??

Thanks,
mary

Re: pgadmin

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On Friday 24 March 2006 11:13 am, Mary Adel wrote:
> I am trying to set PgAdmin so that i can connect from my pc to the
> server  but i have error saying :
>
> Error connecting to the server: could not connect to server:
> Connection refused
> Is the server running on host "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" and accepting
> TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
>
> how i can solve this
> can anyone help??
>
> Thanks,
> mary

>        match
The answer depends on what version you are running. You need to look at the
postgresql.conf file for the server. On versions prior to 8.0  look for the
parameter tcpip_socket and set it to true, by default it is set to false. For
8.0 and above the parameter is listen_addresses and can be set to * to listen
to all IP interfaces on the server, by default it is set to localhost. This
only allows connections from the machine the server resides on.
--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net

Re: pgadmin

От
"A. Kretschmer"
Дата:
am  24.03.2006, um 19:13:56 +0000 mailte Mary Adel folgendes:
> Is the server running on host "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" and accepting
> TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
>
> how i can solve this
> can anyone help??

You have a good error-message ;-)

My guess: you should check your pg_hab.conf.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/client-authentication.html

HTH, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer    (Kontakt: siehe Header)
Heynitz:  035242/47215,      D1: 0160/7141639

Re: pgadmin

От
Tony Caduto
Mary Adel wrote:
> I am trying to set PgAdmin so that i can connect from my pc to the
> server  but i have error saying :
>
> Error connecting to the server: could not connect to server:
> Connection refused
> Is the server running on host "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" and accepting
> TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

You need to edit the postgresql.conf and set it to allow all connections
by changing localhost to * , then
you need to edit the pg_hba.conf file and allow access from all hosts or
specific hosts.

both of these files can be found in the postgresql data directory.

Hope this helps,

Tony Caduto
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com
Home of PG Lightning Admin
There is a alternative to pgAdmin III for win32 users.

Re: pgadmin

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Freitag, 24. März 2006 18:48 schrieb A. Kretschmer:
> am  24.03.2006, um 19:13:56 +0000 mailte Mary Adel folgendes:
> > Is the server running on host "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" and accepting
> > TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

> My guess: you should check your pg_hab.conf.

If that were the problem, then the error message would be different.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: pgadmin

От
"A. Kretschmer"
Дата:
am  25.03.2006, um 14:12:16 +0100 mailte Peter Eisentraut folgendes:
> Am Freitag, 24. März 2006 18:48 schrieb A. Kretschmer:
> > am  24.03.2006, um 19:13:56 +0000 mailte Mary Adel folgendes:
> > > Is the server running on host "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" and accepting
> > > TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
>
> > My guess: you should check your pg_hab.conf.
>
> If that were the problem, then the error message would be different.

Yes, you are right.

Andreas