Обсуждение: regarding grant option

regarding grant option

От
"AKHILESH GUPTA"
Дата:
hi all....
this is akhilesh from india.i just want to ask one thing regarding grant operation??
i am using pgsql 8.0 on ubuntu 5.10 linux.
just tell me the procedure that how can i grant all permissions for a database to any of the other user???
i am using :-
:->> grant all privileges on database <db_name> to <user_name>;
GRANT
:->> grant all ON DATABASE <db_name> to <user_name>;
GRANT

and the query executes succesfully.
but at the other user end, she is not able to access the database given in the above query.
here i have to grant permissions to that user individually for each and every table by using:
:->> grant ALL ON <tab_name> to <user_name>;
GRANT

and all the permissions are granted to that user for that particular table.

i want same results for the entire database.................
plz help me it's urgent

--
Thanks & Regards,
Akhilesh

"FAILURES CAN BE FORGIVEN BUT AIMING LOW IS A CRIME"

Re: regarding grant option

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 09:50:24AM +0530, AKHILESH GUPTA wrote:
> just tell me the procedure that how can i grant all permissions for a
> database to any of the other user???
> i am using :-
> :->> grant all privileges on database <db_name> to <user_name>;
> GRANT
> :->> grant all ON DATABASE <db_name> to <user_name>;
> GRANT
>
> and the query executes succesfully.
> but at the other user end, she is not able to access the database given in
> the above query.

Can the user connect to the database at all?  Is she getting an
error message?  If so, what's the error and at what point in the
connection is she getting it?  What did she do immediately prior
to getting the error?  Do the server logs contain any error messages?
If so, what are they?

If the user can't even connect then the problem is likely with
pg_hba.conf.  See "Client Authentication" in the documentation for
more information:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/client-authentication.html

--
Michael Fuhr

Re: [SQL] regarding grant option

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
AKHILESH GUPTA wrote:

> here i have to grant permissions to that user individually for each and
> every table by using:
> :->> grant ALL ON <tab_name> to <user_name>;
> GRANT
> and all the permissions are granted to that user for that particular table.

Yes.  If you are annoyed by having to type too many commands, you can
write a little shell script to do it for you.

Re: [SQL] regarding grant option

От
"AKHILESH GUPTA"
Дата:
thank you very much sir for your valuable suggestion,
but i am talking about direct database query...........!

Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/

Thanks & Regards,
Akhilesh
DAV Institute of Management
Faridabad(Haryana)
GSM:-(+919891606064)
          (+911744293789)

"FAILURES CAN BE FORGIVEN BUT AIMING LOW IS A CRIME"

Re: [SQL] regarding grant option

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
AKHILESH GUPTA wrote:
> thank you very much sir for your valuable suggestion,
> but i am talking about direct database query...........!

There is none that can help you here, short of making a function in
PL/pgSQL or other language ...

> On 3/1/06, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> >
> > AKHILESH GUPTA wrote:
> >
> > > here i have to grant permissions to that user individually for each and
> > > every table by using:
> > > :->> grant ALL ON <tab_name> to <user_name>;
> > > GRANT
> > > and all the permissions are granted to that user for that particular
> > table.
> >
> > Yes.  If you are annoyed by having to type too many commands, you can
> > write a little shell script to do it for you.

Re: [SQL] regarding grant option

От
"Jim C. Nasby"
Дата:
Though, it is pretty easy to do something like:

select 'GRANT ALL ON ' || table_name || ' TO public;' from
information_schema.tables where table_schema='blah';

You can feed the output of that to psql, ei:

psql -qc "select 'GRANT ALL ON ' || table_name || ' TO public;' from
information_schema.tables where table_schema='blah'" | psql