Re: regarding grant option

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: regarding grant option
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 09:50:24AM +0530, AKHILESH GUPTA wrote:
> just tell me the procedure that how can i grant all permissions for a
> database to any of the other user???
> i am using :-
> :->> grant all privileges on database <db_name> to <user_name>;
> GRANT
> :->> grant all ON DATABASE <db_name> to <user_name>;
> GRANT
>
> and the query executes succesfully.
> but at the other user end, she is not able to access the database given in
> the above query.

Can the user connect to the database at all?  Is she getting an
error message?  If so, what's the error and at what point in the
connection is she getting it?  What did she do immediately prior
to getting the error?  Do the server logs contain any error messages?
If so, what are they?

If the user can't even connect then the problem is likely with
pg_hba.conf.  See "Client Authentication" in the documentation for
more information:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/client-authentication.html

--
Michael Fuhr