Обсуждение: Suse Linux 10.0

Suse Linux 10.0

От
"Joseph M. Day"
Дата:
Has anyone been able to get the latest version of Postgres working on
Suse 10.0 ? I just switched form Fedora and realized that this version
is not specifically supported.

If so, can I use the RPM's or do I need to recompile it ?

Thanks in advance!

Joe,

Re: Suse Linux 10.0

От
Moises Alberto Lindo Gutarra
Дата:
i have compiled Postgresql 8.1.1 on OpenSuse 10.0
with out problems.

2006/1/5, Joseph M. Day <jday@gisolutions.us>:
> Has anyone been able to get the latest version of Postgres working on
> Suse 10.0 ? I just switched form Fedora and realized that this version
> is not specifically supported.
>
> If so, can I use the RPM's or do I need to recompile it ?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Joe,

Atentamente,
     .~.
    ( 0 0 )      Moisés Alberto Lindo Gutarra
    /  V  \           Asesor - Desarrollador Java / Open Source
   //       \\              TUMI Solutions S.A.C.
/((   _    ))\         Cel: 511-97366260  Trab: 511-3481104
   oo0 0oo     MSN: mlindo@tumisolutions.com

Re: Suse Linux 10.0

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Donnerstag, 5. Januar 2006 21:15 schrieb Joseph M. Day:
> Has anyone been able to get the latest version of Postgres working on
> Suse 10.0 ? I just switched form Fedora and realized that this version
> is not specifically supported.

Get it here: ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/max/postgresql

Re: Suse Linux 10.0

От
Joe Audette
Дата:
I installed from rpms after adding some sources to YaST based on this article
http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/178/42/

Not sure its the absolute latest version of postgres.

Hope it helps,

Joe

joe_audette [at] yahoo dotcom
http://www.joeaudette.com
http://www.mojoportal.com

Has anyone been able to get the latest version of Postgres working on
Suse 10.0 ? I just switched form Fedora and realized that this version
is not specifically supported.

If so, can I use the RPM's or do I need to recompile it ?

Thanks in advance!

Joe,

Re: Suse Linux 10.0

От
Jerome Lyles
Дата:
On Thursday 05 January 2006 10:57, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 5. Januar 2006 21:15 schrieb Joseph M. Day:
> > Has anyone been able to get the latest version of Postgres working on
> > Suse 10.0 ? I just switched form Fedora and realized that this version
> > is not specifically supported.
>
> Get it here: ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/max/postgresql

I can't get this to add as an installation source:
Server Name: ftp.suse.com
Directory on Server:pub/people/max/postgresql/postgresql-8.1.1/10.0-i386

I've tried with and without forward slashes at the beginning and end of Server
Name and Directory on Server.

I tried adding as FTP and HTTP.

I get this error: ERROR(InstSrc:E_noinstsrc_on_media)

Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks,
Jerome

Re: Suse Linux 10.0

От
Moises Alberto Lindo Gutarra
Дата:
if i were you i'd try to compile, it's better way

--
Atentamente,
     .~.
    ( 0 0 )      Moisés Alberto Lindo Gutarra
    /  V  \           Asesor - Desarrollador Java / Open Source
   //       \\              TUMI Solutions S.A.C.
/((   _    ))\         Cel: 97366260  Trab: 3481104
   oo0 0oo     MSN: mlindo@tumisolutions.com

Re: Suse Linux 10.0

От
John Meyer
Дата:
Jerome Lyles wrote:
> On Thursday 05 January 2006 10:57, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
>> Am Donnerstag, 5. Januar 2006 21:15 schrieb Joseph M. Day:
>>
>>> Has anyone been able to get the latest version of Postgres working on
>>> Suse 10.0 ? I just switched form Fedora and realized that this version
>>> is not specifically supported.
>>>
>> Get it here: ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/max/postgresql

>> TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
>>        subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
>>        message can get through to the mailing list cleanly
>>

> I can't get this to add as an installation source:
> Server Name: ftp.suse.com
> Directory on Server:pub/people/max/postgresql/postgresql-8.1.1/10.0-i386
>
> I've tried with and without forward slashes at the beginning and end of Server
> Name and Directory on Server.
>
> I tried adding as FTP and HTTP.
>
> I get this error: ERROR(InstSrc:E_noinstsrc_on_media)
>
> Any idea what the problem is?
>
> Thanks,
> Jerome

Have you tried to just ftp the rpms down and install them that way,
either through rpm or YaST?

Re: Suse Linux 10.0

От
"Joseph M. Day"

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 23:10 -1000, Jerome Lyles wrote:
> On Thursday 05 January 2006 10:57, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 5. Januar 2006 21:15 schrieb Joseph M. Day:
> > > Has anyone been able to get the latest version of Postgres working on
> > > Suse 10.0 ? I just switched form Fedora and realized that this version
> > > is not specifically supported.
> >
> > Get it here: ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/max/postgresql

> > TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
> >        subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
> >        message can get through to the mailing list cleanly
>
> I can't get this to add as an installation source:
> Server Name: ftp.suse.com
> Directory on Server:pub/people/max/postgresql/postgresql-8.1.1/10.0-i386
>
> I've tried with and without forward slashes at the beginning and end of Server
> Name and Directory on Server.
>
> I tried adding as FTP and HTTP.
>
> I get this error: ERROR(InstSrc:E_noinstsrc_on_media)
>
> Any idea what the problem is?
>
> Thanks,
> Jerome

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

I downloaded the file locally and then added that folder as a local
source in YAST. This probably the better way to do it.

Re: Suse Linux 10.0

От
Jerome Lyles
Дата:
On Sunday 08 January 2006 06:36, John Meyer wrote:
> Jerome Lyles wrote:
> >>
> >> Get it here: ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/max/postgresql
> >>
> >> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> >> TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
> >>        subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
> >>        message can get through to the mailing list cleanly
> >
> > I can't get this to add as an installation source:
> > Server Name: ftp.suse.com
> > Directory on Server:pub/people/max/postgresql/postgresql-8.1.1/10.0-i386
> >
> > I've tried with and without forward slashes at the beginning and end of
> > Server Name and Directory on Server.
> >
> > I tried adding as FTP and HTTP.
> >
> > I get this error: ERROR(InstSrc:E_noinstsrc_on_media)
> >
> > Any idea what the problem is?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jerome
>
> Have you tried to just ftp the rpms down and install them that way,
> either through rpm or YaST?

I will do this as a last resort.
Jerome

select where in and order

От
Tony Smith
Дата:
I have two tables action and group:

action
------------------------
id,
name

group:
------------------------
action_id
rank

I what to select from action table by order by the
rank in the group table.

If I use

select * from action where id in (select action_id
from group order by rank)

The action may not be ordered by rank. How can I do
it?

Thanks,

qq

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: select where in and order

От
Chris
Дата:
Tony Smith wrote:
> I have two tables action and group:
>
> action
> ------------------------
> id,
> name
>
> group:
> ------------------------
> action_id
> rank
>
> I what to select from action table by order by the
> rank in the group table.
>
> If I use
>
> select * from action where id in (select action_id
> from group order by rank)

Why not

select * from action a, group g where a.id=g.action_id order by rank desc;

?

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

Re: select where in and order

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Tony Smith wrote:

> I have two tables action and group:
>
> action
> ------------------------
> id,
> name
>
> group:
> ------------------------
> action_id
> rank
>
> I what to select from action table by order by the
> rank in the group table.
>
> If I use
>
> select * from action where id in (select action_id
> from group order by rank)
>
> The action may not be ordered by rank. How can I do
> it?

Well, I think any answer is going to depend on a few
pieces of information about the layout and desired behavior.

Is group.action_id unique?
 If so, probably converting it into a join is easiest,
I think that'd be something like:
  select action.* from action, group
   where action.id=group.action_id
   order by rank

 If not, which rank do you want to use from group for
a matching id?  You could probably then do something with
group by and an aggregate.

Re: Suse Linux 10.0

От
Tony Smith
Hi everyone:

We have the max function in postgresql so we can run
something like:

select max(my_field) from my_table?

But I can not find a mean function. Can we do:

select mean(my_data_field) from my_table?

Thanks,

qq

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Suse Linux 10.0

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On Sunday 26 March 2006 04:33 pm, Tony Smith wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>
> We have the max function in postgresql so we can run
> something like:
>
> select max(my_field) from my_table?
>
> But I can not find a mean function. Can we do:
>
> select mean(my_data_field) from my_table?

select avg(my_data_field) from my_table
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/functions-aggregate.html
--
Adrian Klaver