Обсуждение: About postgreSQL database Synchorization

About postgreSQL database Synchorization

От
Emi Lu
Дата:
Hello all,

Could someone suggest some online documents/links about postgreSQL DB
synchronization please?

Thanks a lot,
Emi

Re: About postgreSQL database Synchorization

От
"Onyx"
Дата:
Emi,
Hmm, I might be wrong but, I believe the topic you are asking about is
Replication.  Google for PostgreS(QL) Replication and see if that helps.

- Onyx
---
Onyx Mueller
Software Engineer
i-cubed : information integration & imaging LLC
201 Linden Street : Third Floor
Fort Collins, CO  80524
970-482-4400 voice
970-482-4499 fax
www.i3.com

Richard Huxton
Emi Lu wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Could someone suggest some online documents/links about postgreSQL DB
> synchronization please?

What is "DB synchronization"? Are you talking about replication?

PDF discussion by Bruce
   http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/pgsql/replication.pdf
Slony
   http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/slony1/projdisplay.php
Commercial support from Command Prompt
   http://www.commandprompt.com/
Pgpool
   http://pgcluster.projects.postgresql.org/
PGcluster
   http://pgcluster.projects.postgresql.org/

They are all different, but I've tried to guess what you might find useful.
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: About postgreSQL database Synchorization

От
Emi Lu
Дата:
Thanks all. They are very helpful!

 - Emi

> Emi Lu wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Could someone suggest some online documents/links about postgreSQL DB
>> synchronization please?
>

> What is "DB synchronization"? Are you talking about replication?
>
> PDF discussion by Bruce
>   http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/pgsql/replication.pdf
> Slony
>   http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/slony1/projdisplay.php
> Commercial support from Command Prompt
>   http://www.commandprompt.com/
> Pgpool
>   http://pgcluster.projects.postgresql.org/
> PGcluster
>   http://pgcluster.projects.postgresql.org/
>
> They are all different, but I've tried to guess what you might find
> useful.

Re: About postgreSQL database Synchorization

От
"Onyx"

> PDF discussion by Bruce
>    http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/pgsql/replication.pdf
> Slony
>    http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/slony1/projdisplay.php
> Commercial support from Command Prompt
>    http://www.commandprompt.com/
> Pgpool
>    http://pgcluster.projects.postgresql.org/
> PGcluster
>    http://pgcluster.projects.postgresql.org/
>
> They are all different, but I've tried to guess what you
> might find useful.
> --
>    Richard Huxton
>    Archonet Ltd

FYI: There was a typo on one of Richard's URLs.  Pgppool's site should be
http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/ .  Thanks for the links Richard.

- Onyx
---