Обсуждение: plphp: PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated

plphp: PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated

От
CSN
Дата:
I'm getting this warning in pgsql's log:

LOG:  plphp: PHP Warning:  Call-time pass-by-reference
has been deprecated - argument passed by value;  If
you would like to pass it by reference, modify the
declaration of [runtime function name]().  If you
would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you
can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your
INI file.  However, future versions may not support
this any longer.  in plphp trigger call on line 1

Is there anything I can do about it? I'd email plphp's
list, but their mailing list links are 404.

Thanks,
CSN

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: plphp: PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated

От
Roman Neuhauser
Дата:
# cool_screen_name90001@yahoo.com / 2005-08-11 13:23:52 -0700:
> I'm getting this warning in pgsql's log:
>
> LOG:  plphp: PHP Warning:  Call-time pass-by-reference
> has been deprecated - argument passed by value;  If
> you would like to pass it by reference, modify the
> declaration of [runtime function name]().  If you
> would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you
> can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your
> INI file.  However, future versions may not support
> this any longer.  in plphp trigger call on line 1
>
> Is there anything I can do about it?

    Yes.

    It's completely off topic here, however. You'll find more help in
    the PHP manual and/or php-general@lists.php.net (you can subscribe
    from http://www.php.net/).

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.

Re: plphp: PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> # cool_screen_name90001@yahoo.com / 2005-08-11 13:23:52 -0700:
>
>>I'm getting this warning in pgsql's log:
>>
>>LOG:  plphp: PHP Warning:  Call-time pass-by-reference
>>has been deprecated - argument passed by value;  If
>>you would like to pass it by reference, modify the
>>declaration of [runtime function name]().  If you
>>would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you
>>can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your
>>INI file.  However, future versions may not support
>>this any longer.  in plphp trigger call on line 1
>>
>>Is there anything I can do about it?
>

>     Yes.

Actually the below is incorrect. He should be visiting
plphp.commandprompt.com and signing up for the list there.

>     It's completely off topic here, however. You'll find more help in
>     the PHP manual and/or php-general@lists.php.net (you can subscribe
>     from http://www.php.net/).

Re: plphp: PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated

От
Roman Neuhauser
Дата:
# jd@commandprompt.com / 2005-08-11 15:45:18 -0700:
> Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> ># cool_screen_name90001@yahoo.com / 2005-08-11 13:23:52 -0700:
> >
> >>I'm getting this warning in pgsql's log:
> >>
> >>LOG:  plphp: PHP Warning:  Call-time pass-by-reference
> >>has been deprecated - argument passed by value;  If
> >>you would like to pass it by reference, modify the
> >>declaration of [runtime function name]().  If you
> >>would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you
> >>can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your
> >>INI file.  However, future versions may not support
> >>this any longer.  in plphp trigger call on line 1
> >>
> >>Is there anything I can do about it?
> >

> >    Yes.
> >

> Actually the below is incorrect. He should be visiting
> plphp.commandprompt.com and signing up for the list there.

    Why? What does the generic warning emitted by PHP 4 (no need to get
    PostgreSQL into the mix) since forever on code like this:

    function foo($arg) {} /* foo is declared to take $arg by value */
    foo(&$var); /* $var is passed by reference */

    have to do with PL/PHP?

> >    It's completely off topic here, however. You'll find more help in
> >    the PHP manual and/or php-general@lists.php.net (you can subscribe
> >    from http://www.php.net/).

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.

Re: plphp: PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated

От
CSN
Дата:
I'm using PHP5, and I'm not passing by reference. My
first stop WAS plphp.commandprompt.com, but none of
their mailing list links for plphp work.

CSN

> # jd ( at ) commandprompt ( dot ) com / 2005-08-11
15:45:18 -0700:
> > Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> > ># cool_screen_name90001 ( at ) yahoo ( dot ) com
/ 2005-08-11 13:23:52 -0700:

pass-by-reference
If
the
you
pass-by-reference, you
in your
support
1

> > >    Yes.
> > >

> > Actually the below is incorrect. He should be
visiting
> > plphp.commandprompt.com and signing up for the
list there.

>     Why? What does the generic warning emitted by
PHP 4 (no need to get
>     PostgreSQL into the mix) since forever on code
like this:

>     function foo($arg) {} /* foo is declared to take
$arg by value */
>     foo(&$var); /* $var is passed by reference */
>
>     have to do with PL/PHP?
>
> > >    It's completely off topic here, however.
You'll find more help in
> > >    the PHP manual and/or php-general ( at )
lists ( dot ) php ( dot ) net (you can subscribe

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Re: plphp: PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated

От
Roman Neuhauser
Дата:
# cool_screen_name90001@yahoo.com / 2005-08-11 16:49:25 -0700:
> I'm using PHP5, and I'm not passing by reference. My
> first stop WAS plphp.commandprompt.com, but none of
> their mailing list links for plphp work.

    Can you post the code that triggers the warning?

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.

Re: plphp: PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated

От
CSN
Дата:
Sure-

CREATE or REPLACE FUNCTION email_activated_member ()
RETURNS trigger AS $$

$new=$_TD['new'];
$old=$_TD['old'];

if(($_TD['event']=='INSERT' and $new['active']='t') or
($_TD['event']=='UPDATE' and $new['active']=='t' and
$old['active']=='f')) {
  $link=$_TD['new'];

  $sql="select *
    from groups
    where id=$link[group_id]";

  $result=spi_exec_query($sql);

  if($result) {
    $group=spi_fetch_row($result);
  }

  if($group) {
    $message=<<<EOT

Greetings...

Here are your link details:

Name: $link[name]

$group[name]
$group[url]

EOT;

    if(!empty($link['email'])) {
      $to=empty($link['contact_name']) ?
$link['email'] : "$link[contact_name] <$link[email]>";

      mail($to,
        "Link Activated - $group[name]!",
        $message,
        "From: {$group[name]} <$group[email]>\r\n");
    }
  }
}

$$ LANGUAGE 'plphpu';

-- CREATE TRIGGER email_activated_member AFTER INSERT
or UPDATE ON links FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE
email_activated_member();

It justs lets people know when their link has been
activated.

CSN

CSN wrote:

>I'm using PHP5, and I'm not passing by reference. My
>first stop WAS plphp.commandprompt.com, but none of
>their mailing list links for plphp work.

You are correct. This is a mistake on our part. Perhaps next time
a little note to support or info@ saying, "Hey what is up with this link?"
would be helpful.

The link to the mailing list will be fixed in the next hour.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>CSN
>

>># jd ( at ) commandprompt ( dot ) com / 2005-08-11
>>

>15:45:18 -0700:

>/ 2005-08-11 13:23:52 -0700:

>pass-by-reference

>If

>the

>you

>pass-by-reference, you

>in your

>support

>1

>>>Actually the below is incorrect. He should be
>>>

>visiting
>

>>>plphp.commandprompt.com and signing up for the
>>>

>list there.
>

>>    Why? What does the generic warning emitted by
>>

>PHP 4 (no need to get
>

>>    PostgreSQL into the mix) since forever on code
>>

>like this:
>

>>    function foo($arg) {} /* foo is declared to take
>>

>$arg by value */
>

>>    foo(&$var); /* $var is passed by reference */
>>
>>    have to do with PL/PHP?

>You'll find more help in

>lists ( dot ) php ( dot ) net (you can subscribe

Re: plphp: PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated

От
Roman Neuhauser
Дата:
# cool_screen_name90001@yahoo.com / 2005-08-11 17:36:49 -0700:
> --- Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@sigpipe.cz> wrote:
> >     Can you post the code that triggers the warning?
>
> Sure-
>

> CREATE or REPLACE FUNCTION email_activated_member ()
> RETURNS trigger AS $$
>
> $new=$_TD['new'];
> $old=$_TD['old'];
>
> if(($_TD['event']=='INSERT' and $new['active']='t') or

    You are assigning to $new['active'] instead of the
    probably wanted comparison.

    I don't see any byref arguments, and don't know how to help further.

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.

Re: plphp: PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated

От
CSN
Дата:
--- Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@sigpipe.cz> wrote:

> # cool_screen_name90001@yahoo.com / 2005-08-11
> 17:36:49 -0700:
> > --- Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@sigpipe.cz> wrote:
> > >     Can you post the code that triggers the
> warning?
> >
> > Sure-
> >

> > CREATE or REPLACE FUNCTION email_activated_member
> ()
> > RETURNS trigger AS $$
> >
> > $new=$_TD['new'];
> > $old=$_TD['old'];
> >
> > if(($_TD['event']=='INSERT' and
> $new['active']='t') or
>
>     You are assigning to $new['active'] instead of
> the
>     probably wanted comparison.
>
>     I don't see any byref arguments, and don't know
> how to help further.

Doh! I fixed it but I'm still getting the same
warnings in the log. I'd guess maybe it's something
plphp is doing on its own with references, but I
should probably play around with some more plphp
functions and see if they generate the same warnings.
Anyhow, thanks for the help.

CSN