Обсуждение: Windows version of PostgreSQL 8?

Windows version of PostgreSQL 8?

От
Bjørn T Johansen
Дата:
How stable is the windows version of pgsql 8? Is it as stable as the Linux version or
should I look elsewehere after a good sql srv for Windows?

Regards.

BTJ

Bjørn T Johansen

btj@havleik.no
Someone wrote:
"I understand that if you play a Windows CD backwards you hear strange Satanic messages"
To which someone replied:

Re: Windows version of PostgreSQL 8?

От
"Matthew T. O'Connor"
Дата:
Bjørn T Johansen wrote:

>How stable is the windows version of pgsql 8? Is it as stable as the Linux version or
>should I look elsewehere after a good sql srv for Windows?

This is a tough question to answer and you will probably get a wide
range or responses.  Many people on these lists believe that PostgreSQL
on Windows will never "good enough" because Windows itself is not "good
enough".  That said, from the noises I have heard the Windows port works
well.  It's still the 1st release so only time will truly tell just how
solid it is, but we haven't heard of to many problems.

What are you looking todo?  I might not be willing to run a bank on the
windows port, but I would surely run a simple web app.

Re: Windows version of PostgreSQL 8?

От
Frank Rittinger
Дата:
Hello Bjørn,

we are running a handfull of PostgreSQL installations on Windows Server
2000 and 2003 for web-mapping applications and they are running well for
the last 8 months.

Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
> How stable is the windows version of pgsql 8? Is it as stable as the Linux version or
> should I look elsewehere after a good sql srv for Windows?
>

> Regards.
>
> BTJ

Regards    Frank

--

Frank Rittinger

TERRAPLAN Geographische Informationssysteme
Gewerbestr. 33
79227 Schallstadt
Germany

Tel.: 07664-505315
Fax.: 07664-505321

http://www.terraplan.com

Re: Windows version of PostgreSQL 8?

От
Bjørn T Johansen
Дата:
It seems like the conclusion should be that PGSQL 8 works very well under Windows but
maybe for Windows NT something else should be used; it seems like too much hazzle to
get it to work....

BTJ