Re: Windows version of PostgreSQL 8?

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: Windows version of PostgreSQL 8?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bjørn T Johansen wrote:

>How stable is the windows version of pgsql 8? Is it as stable as the Linux version or
>should I look elsewehere after a good sql srv for Windows?

This is a tough question to answer and you will probably get a wide
range or responses.  Many people on these lists believe that PostgreSQL
on Windows will never "good enough" because Windows itself is not "good
enough".  That said, from the noises I have heard the Windows port works
well.  It's still the 1st release so only time will truly tell just how
solid it is, but we haven't heard of to many problems.

What are you looking todo?  I might not be willing to run a bank on the
windows port, but I would surely run a simple web app.