Обсуждение: default tablespaces

default tablespaces

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
Hi all,

is there a way to specify a default tablespace for tables and a
different one for indexes without put it in the CREATE statement?

i guess one way is to set 'default_tablespace'  for table's tablespace
create or table without any indexes and then set it for idx's
tablespace and create all indexes, a workaround that come to my mind.

Any other idea?

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova

double entries into database when using IE

От
D A GERM
Дата:
I am having a problem when a browser dumps data into a table.

When the browser is Firefox , it works perfect; when the browser is IE,
it dumps 2 entries into the table just thousandths of a second apart.

What could be causing this? Is this an issue with IE, Apache or Postgres.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
D. Aaron Germ
Scarborough Library, Shepherd University

"Well then what am I supposed to do with all my creative ideas- take a bath and wash myself with them? 'Cause that is
whatsoap is for" (Peter, Family Guy)

Re: double entries into database when using IE

От
David Gagnon
Дата:
Hi,

I have seen IE posting request twice to the server when you post using a
button that use javascript.  Per example, if you have a submit button
and call a javascript that actually post the form... IE will still do
the post attached to the submit button.  So you will have 2 submits....
It's stupid but it's true.

It's happen on some version of IE6 I think .. not all for what I remember.

You can search the web for the solution ... I don't remember what I did
or if I actually did something to solve the problem.

/David

P.S.: This is quite OT for the postgresql mailing list .. you don't think ?

  D A GERM wrote:

> I am having a problem when a browser dumps data into a table.
> When the browser is Firefox , it works perfect; when the browser is
> IE, it dumps 2 entries into the table just thousandths of a second apart.
>
> What could be causing this? Is this an issue with IE, Apache or Postgres.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: double entries into database when using IE

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 02:04:47PM -0400, D A GERM wrote:

> I am having a problem when a browser dumps data into a table.

How exactly is the browser dumping data into a table?  Via a form
submission handled by a CGI program or the like?

> When the browser is Firefox , it works perfect; when the browser is IE,
> it dumps 2 entries into the table just thousandths of a second apart.

If you're doing a form submission, do you see multiple entries for
IE in the web server's access logs?

> What could be causing this? Is this an issue with IE, Apache or Postgres.

We'd need more information to say for sure.  Can you tell us more
about the path from the browser to the database?  Have you tried
to simplify the problem, i.e., create the smallest possible test
case that exhibits the undesirable behavior?  Sometimes that means
writing a separate program that isn't useful to your application
per se, but that eliminates the irrelevant factors so you can focus
on what matters.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/