Обсуждение: Deleting a rule?

Deleting a rule?

От
Benjamin Smith
Дата:
I wrote a rule a while back that, due to the software being extended, now
needs to be deleted.

How do I drop a rule?

    DELETE FROM pg_rules WHERE rulename='foo';

doesn't seem to cut it...

-Ben
- XEROX PARC slogan, circa 1978

Re: Deleting a rule?

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 03:27:30PM -0700, Benjamin Smith wrote:

> How do I drop a rule?

With DROP RULE.  Here's a link to the documentation for the latest
release:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-droprule.html

If that doesn't work then please provide more info.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: Deleting a rule?

От
Michael Glaesemann
Дата:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/sql-droprule.html

>     DELETE FROM pg_rules WHERE rulename='foo';
>
> doesn't seem to cut it...

In general, you don't probably want to be mucking around in the
system catalog (the pg_* tables) unless you know what you're doing.
Most of the things that need to be done have specific commands so you
don't have to work with the system tables directly.

You'll also probably find the SQL Command Reference page helpful.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/sql-commands.html

Hope this helps.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

Re: Deleting a rule?

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 15:27:30 -0700,
  Benjamin Smith <lists@benjamindsmith.com> wrote:
> I wrote a rule a while back that, due to the software being extended, now
> needs to be deleted.
>
> How do I drop a rule?
>
>     DELETE FROM pg_rules WHERE rulename='foo';
>
> doesn't seem to cut it...

DROP RULE name ON relation [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ]