Обсуждение: which commands under PostgreSQL do the similar func provided by "show processlist" under mysql

Greetings,

I have a question about how to see current processes running under
postgreSQL.

"show processlist" will display DB, command, time, State, etc under MySQL:

| Id  | User     | Host                | db       | Command | Time |
*State                     * | *Info*
| 21 | admin  | server1:40898 | test     | *Query*      | 104   |
Copying to tmp table | INSERT INTO test  (SELECT ... ...

May I know which commands to display similar current running
commands/states under PostgreSQL please?

Thanks a lot!
Emi

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 11:22:23AM -0400, Ying Lu wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have a question about how to see current processes running under
> postgreSQL.
>
> "show processlist" will display DB, command, time, State, etc under MySQL:
>
> | Id  | User     | Host                | db       | Command | Time |
> *State                     * | *Info*
> | 21 | admin  | server1:40898 | test     | *Query*      | 104   |
> Copying to tmp table | INSERT INTO test  (SELECT ... ...
>

> May I know which commands to display similar current running
> commands/states under PostgreSQL please?

You're looking for something like

SELECT * FROM pg_stat_activity;

Cheers,
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!

ying_lu@cs.concordia.ca (Ying Lu) writes:
> Greetings,
>
> I have a question about how to see current processes running under
> postgreSQL.
>
> "show processlist" will display DB, command, time, State, etc under MySQL:
>
> | Id  | User     | Host                | db       | Command | Time |
> *State                     * | *Info*
> | 21 | admin  | server1:40898 | test     | *Query*      | 104   |
> Copying to tmp table | INSERT INTO test  (SELECT ... ...
>

> May I know which commands to display similar current running
> commands/states under PostgreSQL please?

The nearest rough equivalent would be the contents of the system table
pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity.

This will only contain actual query information if the database is
configured to collect statistics on queries, so it's possible for the
field current_query to be left blank...
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "acm.org")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/sap.html

Re: which commands under PostgreSQL do the similar func

От
Ying Lu
Дата:
>>"show processlist" will display DB, command, time, State, etc under MySQL:
>>
>>| Id  | User     | Host                | db       | Command | Time |
>>*State                     * | *Info*
>>| 21 | admin  | server1:40898 | test     | *Query*      | 104   |
>>Copying to tmp table | INSERT INTO test  (SELECT ... ...
>>

>>May I know which commands to display similar current running
>>commands/states under PostgreSQL please?
>>

>You're looking for something like SELECT * FROM pg_stat_activity;

I tried this query. Under column "current_query", I always got: <command
string not enabled> but not the correct queries.

I searched the previous mailing list, it seems that I need also setup
stats_command_string = true in postgresql.conf to see the queries. May I
ask will if arise any performance issues please?

I'd love to get some info about setting up:

stats_block_level = true
stats_row_level = true

Thanks A LOT,
Emi