Обсуждение: index row size 2728 exceeds btree maximum, 2713

index row size 2728 exceeds btree maximum, 2713

От
"Dinesh Pandey"

TABLE

-----------+-----------------------+-----------

  Column    |         Type

-----------+-----------------------+-----------

 scan_id    | bigint

 host_ip    | character varying(15)

 port_num | integer

 plugin_id  | integer

 severity   | character varying(50)

 data       | text

    "pk_scanned_port_info" PRIMARY KEY, btree (scan_id, host_ip, port_num, plugin_id, severity, data)

On inserting record I am getting this error “index row size 2728 exceeds btree maximum, 2713

How to solve this problem?

Re: index row size 2728 exceeds btree maximum, 2713

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Dinesh Pandey wrote:
> -----------+-----------------------+-----------
>   Column    |         Type
> -----------+-----------------------+-----------
>  scan_id    | bigint
>  host_ip    | character varying(15)
>  port_num | integer
>  plugin_id  | integer
>  severity   | character varying(50)
>  data       | text

>     "pk_scanned_port_info" PRIMARY KEY, btree (scan_id, host_ip, port_num,
> plugin_id, severity, data)
>
> On inserting record I am getting this error "index row size 2728 exceeds
> btree maximum, 2713"

Well - the error message is clear enough. The question is, what to do.

Without knowing what the table "means", it's difficult to say what the
primary-key should be, but it seems unlikely to include an
unlimited-length text-field called "data".

If the data itself doesn't offer any suitable candidate keys (as can
well be the case) then common practice is to generate a unique number
and use that as an ID - in PostgreSQL's case by use of the SERIAL
pseudo-type.

Does that help?
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: index row size 2728 exceeds btree maximum, 2713

От
"Dinesh Pandey"
Дата:
I am inserting some log messages in the column "data". (Basically I am
inserting records from reading an xml file)

In the PRIMARY KEY, btree (scan_id, host_ip, port_num, plugin_id, severity,
data) data is of type TEXT and can contain long string values.

The question is how to remove this error "index row size 2728 exceeds btree
maximum, 2713" by increasing the btree size?

The big problem is "I can not add any additional column in this table."

Thanks
Dinesh Pandey

>     "pk_scanned_port_info" PRIMARY KEY, btree (scan_id, host_ip, port_num,
> plugin_id, severity, data)
>
> On inserting record I am getting this error "index row size 2728 exceeds
> btree maximum, 2713"

Well - the error message is clear enough. The question is, what to do.

Without knowing what the table "means", it's difficult to say what the
primary-key should be, but it seems unlikely to include an
unlimited-length text-field called "data".

If the data itself doesn't offer any suitable candidate keys (as can
well be the case) then common practice is to generate a unique number
and use that as an ID - in PostgreSQL's case by use of the SERIAL
pseudo-type.

Does that help?
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: [SQL] index row size 2728 exceeds btree maximum, 2713

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Dinesh Pandey wrote:
> I am inserting some log messages in the column "data". (Basically I am
> inserting records from reading an xml file)
>
> In the PRIMARY KEY, btree (scan_id, host_ip, port_num, plugin_id, severity,
> data) data is of type TEXT and can contain long string values.

I'm still not convinced that "data" makes a sensible part of the primary
key. Can you give an example of "data" and explain why the whole value
determines unique-ness?

> The question is how to remove this error "index row size 2728 exceeds btree
> maximum, 2713" by increasing the btree size?
>
> The big problem is "I can not add any additional column in this table."

Why not?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd