Re: index row size 2728 exceeds btree maximum, 2713

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: index row size 2728 exceeds btree maximum, 2713
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dinesh Pandey wrote:
> -----------+-----------------------+-----------
>   Column    |         Type
> -----------+-----------------------+-----------
>  scan_id    | bigint
>  host_ip    | character varying(15)
>  port_num | integer
>  plugin_id  | integer
>  severity   | character varying(50)
>  data       | text

>     "pk_scanned_port_info" PRIMARY KEY, btree (scan_id, host_ip, port_num,
> plugin_id, severity, data)
>
> On inserting record I am getting this error "index row size 2728 exceeds
> btree maximum, 2713"

Well - the error message is clear enough. The question is, what to do.

Without knowing what the table "means", it's difficult to say what the
primary-key should be, but it seems unlikely to include an
unlimited-length text-field called "data".

If the data itself doesn't offer any suitable candidate keys (as can
well be the case) then common practice is to generate a unique number
and use that as an ID - in PostgreSQL's case by use of the SERIAL
pseudo-type.

Does that help?
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: writing a file using procedure
Сообщение: Re: writing a file using procedure