Обсуждение: Postgres 8.02 connectivity

Postgres 8.02 connectivity

От
Shaun Clements

Hi All

I have been quite content with postgres, until a recent installation on a windows box, in an attempt to setup a new server.

There is an option when you install Postgres, to allow other computers to connect to the DB server. I selected that option, so I can connect over the network to the database, but I cant connect. It cant find the database. Giving that usual, listening on port 5432, failed to find database...etc

Any suggestions, on what needs to be configured further.

Kind Regards,
Shaun Clements

Re: Postgres 8.02 connectivity

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Shaun Clements wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have been quite content with postgres, until a recent installation on a
> windows box, in an attempt to setup a new server.
> There is an option when you install Postgres, to allow other computers to
> connect to the DB server. I selected that option, so I can connect over the
> network to the database, but I cant connect. It cant find the database.
> Giving that usual, listening on port 5432, failed to find database...etc

Do you have windows firewall enabled?

Can you telnet to localhost, port 5432 from the windows server itself?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: Postgres 8.02 connectivity

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Shaun Clements wrote:
> Thanks.
> Firewall was the problem.im going to kill the technician who installed
> windows :)
> Im now coming up with a new error.
> Missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file.
>
> Ive added the following line.
> Host all all myip trust

Try a /32 on the end of the client's ip:

host    all         all         192.168.1.20/32          trust

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: Postgres 8.02 connectivity

От
Shaun Clements

Hi Richard

I worked out what the problem was.
I needed an IP Mask(subnet) after the IP.
255.255.255.0 solved that
Thanks again for you help!!

Kind Regards,
Shaun Clements

> Firewall was the problem.im going to kill the technician who installed
> windows :) Im now coming up with a new error.
> Missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file.
>
> Ive added the following line.
> Host all all myip trust

Try a /32 on the end of the client's ip:

host    all         all         192.168.1.20/32          trust

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

indexes on functions, then modifying functions

От
"Costin Manda"
Дата:
  I have a plpgsql function that I am generating from time to time, like
once a week or so. What it does is it compares some phone numbers for
certain prefixes and then outputs the phone numbers without the
prefixes.

   First I tried to make the function read from the database the prefixes,
but when I tried indexing it the whole database crashed (actually it
didn't crash, it just ate all resources on the computer and thus
crippled it).

   So the solution I opted for is to recreate the function from time to
time, considering that there is a small number of such prefixes to be
removed.

   My question is: what happends if I index this function, then I change
it? Does the index automatically recomputes itself or do I have to
reindex manually?

   Thank you!

E-Mail powered by MadNet.
http://www.madnet.ro/