indexes on functions, then modifying functions

От Costin Manda
Тема indexes on functions, then modifying functions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
  I have a plpgsql function that I am generating from time to time, like
once a week or so. What it does is it compares some phone numbers for
certain prefixes and then outputs the phone numbers without the
prefixes.

   First I tried to make the function read from the database the prefixes,
but when I tried indexing it the whole database crashed (actually it
didn't crash, it just ate all resources on the computer and thus
crippled it).

   So the solution I opted for is to recreate the function from time to
time, considering that there is a small number of such prefixes to be
removed.

   My question is: what happends if I index this function, then I change
it? Does the index automatically recomputes itself or do I have to
reindex manually?

   Thank you!

E-Mail powered by MadNet.
http://www.madnet.ro/