Обсуждение: More info about PostgreSQL 8

More info about PostgreSQL 8

От
"Cristian Prieto"
Дата:
in the page http://www.postgresql.org/docs/whatsnew it's mentioned new features in PostgreSQL 8, I've readed the PgSQL 8 manual and found nothing about the use of SavePoints, Point-in-Time, etc...

Where could I get more info about it?

Re: More info about PostgreSQL 8

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 02:03:37PM -0600, Cristian Prieto wrote:

> in the page http://www.postgresql.org/docs/whatsnew it's mentioned
> new features in PostgreSQL 8, I've readed the PgSQL 8 manual and
> found nothing about the use of SavePoints, Point-in-Time, etc...

The Index has references to both of the above examples:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/bookindex.html

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-savepoint.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-release-savepoint.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-rollback-to.html

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/backup.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/backup-online.html

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: More info about PostgreSQL 8

От
Jeff Davis
Дата:
On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 14:03 -0600, Cristian Prieto wrote:
> in the page http://www.postgresql.org/docs/whatsnew it's mentioned new
> features in PostgreSQL 8, I've readed the PgSQL 8 manual and found
> nothing about the use of SavePoints, Point-in-Time, etc...
>
> Where could I get more info about it?

Reference -> SQL Commands -> SAVEPOINT:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-savepoint.html

Server Administration -> Backup and Restore -> On-line backup and
point-in-time recovery (PITR):
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/backup-online.html

That should get you started. You might also want to check up on
tablespaces:
Reference -> SQL Commands -> CREATE TABLESPACE:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-createtablespace.html

What version of the docs were you looking at? Is there a way we could
make those features easier to find for you? Do other people find the
docs confusing?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis