Re: More info about PostgreSQL 8

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: More info about PostgreSQL 8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 14:03 -0600, Cristian Prieto wrote:
> in the page http://www.postgresql.org/docs/whatsnew it's mentioned new
> features in PostgreSQL 8, I've readed the PgSQL 8 manual and found
> nothing about the use of SavePoints, Point-in-Time, etc...
>
> Where could I get more info about it?

Reference -> SQL Commands -> SAVEPOINT:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-savepoint.html

Server Administration -> Backup and Restore -> On-line backup and
point-in-time recovery (PITR):
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/backup-online.html

That should get you started. You might also want to check up on
tablespaces:
Reference -> SQL Commands -> CREATE TABLESPACE:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-createtablespace.html

What version of the docs were you looking at? Is there a way we could
make those features easier to find for you? Do other people find the
docs confusing?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis