Обсуждение: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Beta 3 Uploaded

PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Beta 3 Uploaded

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Its been almost 4 weeks since we've released Beta2, and there have been
enough improvements to the code to warrant a new Beta, to reduce the
number of "already fixed" bug reports.

For a complete list of changes/improvement since Beta 1 was released, please
see:

    ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v8.0.0beta/ChangeLog-Beta2-to-Beta3

That said, Beta 3 is currently available for download on all mirrors:

     http://www.postgresql.org/mirrors-ftp.html

As with all releases, the success of this release falls in the your hands ...
to go from Beta -> Release, we need as many people out there to put it through
her paces as possible, on as many platforms as possible.  We urge anyone, and
everyone, to download a copy and run her through her regression tests, and
report any/all problems, and bugs, to

     pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org

The more bugs we can find, and eliminate, during Beta, the more successful the
Release will be ...

Once more, on behalf of all of the developers, Happy Bug Hunting ...

Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Beta 3 Uploaded

От
Robby Russell
Дата:
On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 16:29, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Its been almost 4 weeks since we've released Beta2, and there have been
> enough improvements to the code to warrant a new Beta, to reduce the
> number of "already fixed" bug reports.
>
> For a complete list of changes/improvement since Beta 1 was released, please
> see:
>
>     ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v8.0.0beta/ChangeLog-Beta2-to-Beta3

FYI, this file doesn't seem to exist when I go here.

-Robby

* Robby Russell | Owner.Developer.Geek
* PLANET ARGON  | www.planetargon.com
* Portland, OR  | robby@planetargon.com
* 503.351.4730  | blog.planetargon.com
* PHP/PostgreSQL Hosting & Development

Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Beta 3 Uploaded

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Robby Russell wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 16:29, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> Its been almost 4 weeks since we've released Beta2, and there have been
>> enough improvements to the code to warrant a new Beta, to reduce the
>> number of "already fixed" bug reports.
>>
>> For a complete list of changes/improvement since Beta 1 was released, please
>> see:
>>
>>     ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v8.0.0beta/ChangeLog-Beta2-to-Beta3
>
> FYI, this file doesn't seem to exist when I go here.

Late add ... give it a few minutes and it should be available ...

----

Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Beta 3 Uploaded

От
Marian POPESCU
Дата:
Are there also SRPMs? I'm interested on Fedora Core 2 ones. I have rebuilt
from SRPMs the Beta2 and it works OK -  I only had to change the init
script - the version provided was 7.4.

Marian