Обсуждение: Import an Excel table to a Postgresql one

Import an Excel table to a Postgresql one

От
Daniele Beauquier
Дата:
How to import an Excel table into a Postgresql table in a simple way?

Re: Import an Excel table to a Postgresql one

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Daniele Beauquier wrote:
> How to import an Excel table into a Postgresql table in a simple way?

Export into a text file and import using COPY.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Import an Excel table to a Postgresql one

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 18:50:53 +0200,
  Daniele Beauquier <beauquier@univ-paris12.fr> wrote:
> How to import an Excel table into a Postgresql table in a simple way?

Export it into CSV or TSV format and then use \copy in psql to load it.

Re: Import an Excel table to a Postgresql one

От
Mike Nolan
Дата:
> > How to import an Excel table into a Postgresql table in a simple way?

Another way is to save the Excel table as a dBase file and import it
using the dbf2pg utility in the contrib/dbase directory.
--
Mike Nolan

Re: Import an Excel table to a Postgresql one

От
"Dann Corbit"
Дата:
Yet another alternative:

Create an ODBC, OLEDB or JDBC connection to PostgreSQL and Excel.
Create a target table in the PostgreSQL table with the attributes that
you desire.
Do an INSERT/SELECT to move the data.

All the data type translations will be done for you by the driver.

If you have thousands of spreadsheet tables, I would suggest using a
specialized tool for the job instead of a manual process to eliminate
errors.

You might want to rename the tables imported by the ODBC driver for MS
Excel, because it will have strange default names like:
country_codes_Excel.dbo.`Sheet1$` which are not exactly enlightening,
unless the spreadsheets already have reasonable names spelled out for
them.