Re: Import an Excel table to a Postgresql one

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: Import an Excel table to a Postgresql one
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yet another alternative:

Create an ODBC, OLEDB or JDBC connection to PostgreSQL and Excel.
Create a target table in the PostgreSQL table with the attributes that
you desire.
Do an INSERT/SELECT to move the data.

All the data type translations will be done for you by the driver.

If you have thousands of spreadsheet tables, I would suggest using a
specialized tool for the job instead of a manual process to eliminate
errors.

You might want to rename the tables imported by the ODBC driver for MS
Excel, because it will have strange default names like:
country_codes_Excel.dbo.`Sheet1$` which are not exactly enlightening,
unless the spreadsheets already have reasonable names spelled out for
them.