Обсуждение: fedora core2 pgaccess

fedora core2 pgaccess

От
"D. Stimits"
Дата:
According to docs coming with the postgresql stuff on Linux for Fedora
Core 2, pgaccess was moved into the tcl PostgreSQL package.
Unfortunately, it seems that it was removed from one package and never
added back in to the tcl or contrib packages. If I go to rpmfind.net I
don't see any Redhat or Fedora rpms. Can anyone tell me if rpm format
for Fedora Core 2 is available? Or if I have to go with the tarball?

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net

Re: fedora core2 pgaccess

Дата:
"D. Stimits" <stimits@comcast.net> writes:
> According to docs coming with the postgresql stuff on Linux for Fedora
> Core 2, pgaccess was moved into the tcl PostgreSQL package.

Oh really?

I maintain those RPMs for Red Hat, and this is news to me.  What
documentation are you reading exactly?

(I have nothing against pgaccess mind you.  But I'd be quite surprised
to find that it's been moved into the core PG RPMs.)

            regards, tom lane

Re: fedora core2 pgaccess

От
"D. Stimits"
Tom Lane wrote:
> "D. Stimits" <stimits@comcast.net> writes:
>
>>According to docs coming with the postgresql stuff on Linux for Fedora
>>Core 2, pgaccess was moved into the tcl PostgreSQL package.
>

> Oh really?
>
> I maintain those RPMs for Red Hat, and this is news to me.  What
> documentation are you reading exactly?
>
> (I have nothing against pgaccess mind you.  But I'd be quite surprised
> to find that it's been moved into the core PG RPMs.)
>
>             regards, tom lane

In /usr/share/doc/postgresql-7.4.2/, file README.rpm-dist, it says:

The TK client package 'pgaccess' was teh core of the -tk subpackage --
so the pgtksh client was rolled back into the -tcl package.

I installed these packages and ran updatedb, could find no sign of pgaccess:
postgresql-7.4.2-1
postgresql-contrib-7.4.2-1
postgresql-server-7.4.2-1
postgresql-tcl-7.4.2-1

No sign of pgaccess. Am I looking at the wrong thing?

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net

Re: fedora core2 pgaccess

Дата:
"D. Stimits" <stimits@comcast.net> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> "D. Stimits" <stimits@comcast.net> writes:
>>> According to docs coming with the postgresql stuff on Linux for Fedora
>>> Core 2, pgaccess was moved into the tcl PostgreSQL package.
>>
>> Oh really?

> In /usr/share/doc/postgresql-7.4.2/, file README.rpm-dist, it says:

> The TK client package 'pgaccess' was teh core of the -tk subpackage --
> so the pgtksh client was rolled back into the -tcl package.

I think the key word there is "was".  pgaccess was once distributed in
that RPM, but no more.  pgtksh is the only part that was moved to the
other RPM.

Try http://www.pgaccess.org/ ...

            regards, tom lane