Обсуждение: Any recommended forums/wiki/blog s/w that uses PostGreSQL?

Any recommended forums/wiki/blog s/w that uses PostGreSQL?

От
Eric D Nielsen
Дата:
I've been trying to setup a collaboration site, ideally I need forum+wiki+blog
integrated functionality access control.  Specificly either the wiki or blog
need to be over viewable to members of certain groups.

I'm used to phpBB for forum software and it seems to have nice support for
PostGreSQL.  I tried out about 4 wikis last night, most had extreme bugs when
using their PostGreSQL code instead of the defauly MySQL.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Eric

Re: Any recommended forums/wiki/blog s/w that uses PostGreSQL?

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Dienstag, 17. August 2004 15:29 schrieb Eric D Nielsen:
> I've been trying to setup a collaboration site, ideally I need
> forum+wiki+blog integrated functionality access control.  Specificly either
> the wiki or blog need to be over viewable to members of certain groups.

I suggest you try eGroupWare (http://www.egroupware.org/).  It is web-based,
has various applications of the kind you want, all integrated with common
access control.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Any recommended forums/wiki/blog s/w that uses PostGreSQL?

От
Shridhar Daithankar
Дата:
On Tuesday 17 Aug 2004 6:59 pm, Eric D Nielsen wrote:
> I've been trying to setup a collaboration site, ideally I need
> forum+wiki+blog integrated functionality access control.  Specificly either
> the wiki or blog need to be over viewable to members of certain groups.
>
> I'm used to phpBB for forum software and it seems to have nice support for
> PostGreSQL.  I tried out about 4 wikis last night, most had extreme bugs
> when using their PostGreSQL code instead of the defauly MySQL.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions?

drupal? Check out at http://www.drupal.org/

 Shridhar

Re: Any recommended forums/wiki/blog s/w that uses

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

> > Anyone have any suggestions?
>
> drupal? Check out at http://www.drupal.org/

Drupal needs some hacking since it uses LIMIT #,# queries in
database-pear.php.

Just a FYI.
--
Devrim GUNDUZ
devrim~gunduz.org                devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr

Re: Any recommended forums/wiki/blog s/w that uses

От
David Rysdam
Дата:

I tried and really liked MoinMoin.  http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/

Re: Any recommended forums/wiki/blog s/w that uses

От
Robby Russell
Дата:
On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 06:29, Eric D Nielsen wrote:
> I've been trying to setup a collaboration site, ideally I need forum+wiki+blog
> integrated functionality access control.  Specificly either the wiki or blog
> need to be over viewable to members of certain groups.
>
> I'm used to phpBB for forum software and it seems to have nice support for
> PostGreSQL.  I tried out about 4 wikis last night, most had extreme bugs when
> using their PostGreSQL code instead of the defauly MySQL.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric

phpwiki can utilize a PostgreSQL backend.

-Robby

* Robby Russell | Owner.Developer.Geek
* PLANET ARGON  | www.planetargon.com
* Portland, OR  | robby@planetargon.com
* 503.351.4730  | blog.planetargon.com
* PHP/PostgreSQL Hosting & Development

Re: Any recommended forums/wiki/blog s/w that uses

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 08:55, Robby Russell wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 06:29, Eric D Nielsen wrote:
> > I've been trying to setup a collaboration site, ideally I need forum+wiki+blog
> > integrated functionality access control.  Specificly either the wiki or blog
> > need to be over viewable to members of certain groups.
> >
> > I'm used to phpBB for forum software and it seems to have nice support for
> > PostGreSQL.  I tried out about 4 wikis last night, most had extreme bugs when
> > using their PostGreSQL code instead of the defauly MySQL.
> >
> > Anyone have any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Eric
> >

> phpwiki can utilize a PostgreSQL backend.

I've used it and am quite happy with it.  But I don't do anything
extravagant with it.