Обсуждение: could not find block containing chunk 0x8483530

could not find block containing chunk 0x8483530

От
Vinay Jain
Дата:
select *, lower(name) from student;
gives error: could not find block containing chunk 0x8483530

what does this error mean & what may be the cause?

template1=# \d student
    Table "public.student"
 Column |  Type   | Modifiers
--------+---------+-----------
 name   | devchar |
 age    | integer |

Regards
Vinay

--
Vinay Jain
Dissertation Project Trainee

Re: could not find block containing chunk 0x8483530

Дата:
Vinay Jain <vinayjain@gmail.com> writes:
> select *, lower(name) from student;
> gives error: could not find block containing chunk 0x8483530

That's some sort of memory manipulation bug --- pfree'ing a wrong
pointer, likely.

> template1=# \d student
>     Table "public.student"
>  Column |  Type   | Modifiers
> --------+---------+-----------
>  name   | devchar |
>  age    | integer |

Given that a custom datatype is involved, I'd suspect the C code
for the custom type.

            regards, tom lane

Re: could not find block containing chunk 0x8483530

От
Vinay Jain
Дата:

--
Vinay Jain
Dissertation Project Trainee
DAKE Division
C-DAC Mumbai

Re: could not find block containing chunk 0x8483530

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 10:00:16AM +0530, Vinay Jain wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:59:40 +0530, Vinay Jain <vinayjain@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > That's some sort of memory manipulation bug --- pfree'ing a wrong
> > > pointer, likely.
> >
> I am not using pfree in C code. but I am using palloc for memory allocation.
>
> All other queries like: select * from student order by lower(name);
>  gives appropriate result.

Maybe you are palloc'ing in the wrong memory context.  Make sure you
understand how memory contexts are used and thier longevity.

If you want anything more specific, you should post your code.

"Vivir y dejar de vivir son soluciones imaginarias.
La existencia está en otra parte" (Andre Breton)