Обсуждение: SRPM (PGDG) will not build

SRPM (PGDG) will not build

От
"Roderick A. Anderson"
Дата:
Hopefully not fuel to the RPM discussion but I've downloaded the PGDG SRPM
this AM made some changes to what packages/portions would build and am now
getting the following error.

    gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations

Somewhere near line 719 in the spec file.

The changes I've made pertained to not building tk, tcl, and python
portions of PostgreSQL.  This has worked in the past.

The system is based on RHL 8 but runs in a vserver, again this has worked
in the past (PG 7.3.3 )

Did I kill the wrong thing?  I'll continue looking but hope someone will
spot the problem (or my mistake) quicker.

TIA,
Rod

Re: SRPM (PGDG) will not build

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Monday 24 November 2003 12:49 pm, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> Hopefully not fuel to the RPM discussion but I've downloaded the PGDG SRPM
> this AM made some changes to what packages/portions would build and am now
> getting the following error.

>     gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations

Can you send me a complete stderr and stdout log of the build?  (nohup usually
works the best to do this, as it catches everything).
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology

Re: SRPM (PGDG) will not build

От
"Roderick A. Anderson"
Дата:
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Lamar Owen wrote:

> Can you send me a complete stderr and stdout log of the build?
> (nohup usually works the best to do this, as it catches everything).

Will do.  I do this so rarely I always need a quick thump with a clue
stick.  I'll attach the modified spec file also.   Give me 20 minutes
or so.

Rod
--
  "Open Source Software - Usually you get more than you pay for..."

Re: SRPM (PGDG) will not build

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Monday 24 November 2003 02:11 pm, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > Can you send me a complete stderr and stdout log of the build?  (nohup
> > usually works the best to do this, as it catches everything).

> Here you go.  I've included the spec file also so you can diff it and the
> original.

Hmmm.... The lines of error in question:
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/postgresql-7.4/src/port'
gcc -O2 -march=i386 -mcpu=i686 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations prod -I../../src/include -D_GNU_SOURCE   -c -o path.o
path.c
gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations

Where is 'prod' coming from after -Wmissing-declarations?  This is the source
of the error....looking...will get back shortly.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology
Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute
1 PARI Drive
Rosman, NC  28772
(828)862-5554
www.pari.edu

Re: SRPM (PGDG) will not build

От
"Roderick A. Anderson"
Дата:
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Lamar Owen wrote:

> Hmmm.... The lines of error in question:
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/postgresql-7.4/src/port'
> gcc -O2 -march=i386 -mcpu=i686 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wmissing-declarations prod -I../../src/include -D_GNU_SOURCE   -c -o path.o
> path.c
> gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations
>
> Where is 'prod' coming from after -Wmissing-declarations?  This is the source
> of the error....looking...will get back shortly.

Still not sure what the problem is but I can identify it as being tied to
being in the vserver context.  I compiled in the base/main server with no
problems.  I'll pass this along to the vserver development team to see if
it causes a light to come on.

Rod
--
  "Open Source Software - Usually you get more than you pay for..."