Обсуждение: Service doesnt UP!!!!

Service doesnt UP!!!!

От
"Edwin Quijada"
Дата:
Hi!!!
I had a break electrical service and my system go down. Now when I try to up
the postgres service I get this error:

psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
createdb: database creation failed

I went to directory data and delete postmaster.pid and postmaster.opts but
nothing happens.
I have the same error.
PLease I need urgent help!!!

I lost my data??
What can I do to back service up with my data??

*-------------------------------------------------------*
*-Edwin Quijada
*-Developer DataBase
*-JQ Microsistemas
*-809-747-2787
* " Si deseas lograr cosas excepcionales debes de hacer cosas fuera de lo
comun"
*-------------------------------------------------------*

Re: Service doesnt UP!!!!

От
Rajesh Kumar Mallah

Edwin Quijada wrote:

> Hi!!!
> I had a break electrical service and my system go down. Now when I try
> to up the postgres service I get this error:
>
> psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
>        Is the server running locally and accepting
>        connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
> createdb: database creation failed
>
> I went to directory data and delete postmaster.pid and postmaster.opts
> but nothing happens.
> I have the same error.

You have to start the postmaster also.

try
become root by issuing the command below and entering root
password.

$ su -

now start the postgresql service using command below

# /etc/rc.d/init.d/pgsql start

Hope it solves ur problem , best of luck.

regds
mallah

> PLease I need urgent help!!!
>
> I lost my data??
> What can I do to back service up with my data??
>

> *-------------------------------------------------------*
> *-Edwin Quijada
> *-Developer DataBase
> *-JQ Microsistemas
> *-809-747-2787
> * " Si deseas lograr cosas excepcionales debes de hacer cosas fuera de
> lo comun"
> *-------------------------------------------------------*

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Service doesnt UP!!!!

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Friday 07 November 2003 16:19, Edwin Quijada wrote:
> Hi!!!
> I had a break electrical service and my system go down. Now when I try to
> up the postgres service I get this error:
>
> psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
>         Is the server running locally and accepting
>         connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
> createdb: database creation failed

This is showing psql not connecting - you want to see what happens when you
start the backend.

> I went to directory data and delete postmaster.pid and postmaster.opts but
> nothing happens.
> I have the same error.
> PLease I need urgent help!!!

Where are your logs? There should be something there. If not, start postgres
in the manner described in the installation instructions - that should show
you where the problem is.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

Re: Service doesnt UP!!!!

От
"Edwin Quijada"
Дата:
using pg_ctl?
If yes !! I do it but doesnt happens!!

*-------------------------------------------------------*
*-Edwin Quijada
*-Developer DataBase
*-JQ Microsistemas
*-809-747-2787
* " Si deseas lograr cosas excepcionales debes de hacer cosas fuera de lo
comun"
*-------------------------------------------------------*

>From: Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>
>To: "Edwin Quijada"
><listas_quijada@hotmail.com>,pgsql-general@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Service doesnt UP!!!!
>Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 17:05:48 +0000
>
>On Friday 07 November 2003 16:19, Edwin Quijada wrote:
> > Hi!!!
> > I had a break electrical service and my system go down. Now when I try
> > up the postgres service I get this error:
> >
> > psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
> >         Is the server running locally and accepting
> >         connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
> > createdb: database creation failed
>
>This is showing psql not connecting - you want to see what happens when you
>start the backend.
>
> > I went to directory data and delete postmaster.pid and postmaster.opts
>but
> > nothing happens.
> > I have the same error.
> > PLease I need urgent help!!!
>
>Where are your logs? There should be something there. If not, start
>postgres
>in the manner described in the installation instructions - that should show
>you where the problem is.
>
>--
>   Richard Huxton
>   Archonet Ltd

http://messenger.yupimsn.com/

Re: Service doesnt UP!!!!

От
"Edwin Quijada"
Дата:
Hi!!!
This is my log after break down::
There is a app to fix the database.

The server must be started under an unprivileged user id to prevent
a possible system security compromise.  See the documentation for
more information on how to properly start the server.

LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2003-11-07 10:54:32 CET
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 1/34600318
LOG:  redo record is at 1/34600318; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown FALSE
LOG:  next transaction id: 6326695; next oid: 5776573
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  redo starts at 1/34600358
PANIC:  Invalid page header in block 8805 of 17097
LOG:  startup process (pid 1327) was terminated by signal 6
LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure
LOG:  database system was interrupted being in recovery at 2003-11-07
23:33:19 CET
        This probably means that some data blocks are corrupted
        and you will have to use the last backup for recovery.
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 1/34600318
LOG:  redo record is at 1/34600318; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown FALSE
LOG:  next transaction id: 6326695; next oid: 5776573
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  redo starts at 1/34600358
PANIC:  Invalid page header in block 8805 of 17097
LOG:  startup process (pid 1354) was terminated by signal 6
LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure
LOG:  database system was interrupted being in recovery at 2003-11-07
23:35:34 CET
        This probably means that some data blocks are corrupted
        and you will have to use the last backup for recovery.
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 1/34600318
LOG:  redo record is at 1/34600318; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown FALSE
LOG:  next transaction id: 6326695; next oid: 5776573
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  redo starts at 1/34600358
PANIC:  Invalid page header in block 8805 of 17097
LOG:  startup process (pid 1090) was terminated by signal 6
LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure
LOG:  database system was interrupted being in recovery at 2003-11-07
23:40:47 CET
        This probably means that some data blocks are corrupted
        and you will have to use the last backup for recovery.
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 1/34600318
LOG:  redo record is at 1/34600318; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown FALSE
LOG:  next transaction id: 6326695; next oid: 5776573
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  redo starts at 1/34600358
PANIC:  Invalid page header in block 8805 of 17097
LOG:  startup process (pid 1196) was terminated by signal 6
LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure
LOG:  database system was interrupted being in recovery at 2003-11-07
23:46:13 CET
        This probably means that some data blocks are corrupted
        and you will have to use the last backup for recovery.
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 1/34600318
LOG:  redo record is at 1/34600318; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown FALSE
LOG:  next transaction id: 6326695; next oid: 5776573
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  redo starts at 1/34600358
PANIC:  Invalid page header in block 8805 of 17097
LOG:  startup process (pid 1531) was terminated by signal 6
LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure

*-------------------------------------------------------*
*-Edwin Quijada
*-Developer DataBase
*-JQ Microsistemas
*-809-747-2787
* " Si deseas lograr cosas excepcionales debes de hacer cosas fuera de lo
comun"
*-------------------------------------------------------*

>From: Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>
>To: "Edwin Quijada"
><listas_quijada@hotmail.com>,pgsql-general@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Service doesnt UP!!!!
>Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 17:05:48 +0000
>
>On Friday 07 November 2003 16:19, Edwin Quijada wrote:
> > Hi!!!
> > I had a break electrical service and my system go down. Now when I try
> > up the postgres service I get this error:
> >
> > psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
> >         Is the server running locally and accepting
> >         connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
> > createdb: database creation failed
>
>This is showing psql not connecting - you want to see what happens when you
>start the backend.
>
> > I went to directory data and delete postmaster.pid and postmaster.opts
>but
> > nothing happens.
> > I have the same error.
> > PLease I need urgent help!!!
>
>Where are your logs? There should be something there. If not, start
>postgres
>in the manner described in the installation instructions - that should show
>you where the problem is.
>
>--
>   Richard Huxton
>   Archonet Ltd

MSN Messenger with backgrounds, emoticons and more.
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/cdp_customize

Re: Service doesnt UP!!!!

От
Alvaro Herrera