Обсуждение: How to process mail using pgSQL?

How to process mail using pgSQL?

От
"Irawan Tanudirdjo"
Дата:
Shalom,

I need to know does Postgre has email receiving and sending capability?
(Like xp_mail in M$ SQL Server). If Postgre has this capability, can
someone give me pointer where could I found the documentation/tutorial
about using this mail processing capability? Thank you for your help.

Living in Jesus' grace, Irawan T.

Re: How to process mail using pgSQL?

От
Jonathan Bartlett
Дата:
What on Earth is xp_mail?  I asked Google and it didn't show up anything,
neither did a search on Microsoft support.

Jon

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Irawan Tanudirdjo wrote:

> Shalom,
>
> I need to know does Postgre has email receiving and sending capability?
> (Like xp_mail in M$ SQL Server). If Postgre has this capability, can
> someone give me pointer where could I found the documentation/tutorial
> about using this mail processing capability? Thank you for your help.
>
> Living in Jesus' grace, Irawan T.

Re: How to process mail using pgSQL?

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
Hello

you have to find xp_sendmail.

PS

xp_sendmail
Sends a message and a query result set attachment to the specified
recipients.

Syntax
xp_sendmail {[@recipients =] 'recipients [;...n]'}
    [,[@message =] 'message']
    [,[@query =] 'query']
    [,[@attachments =] 'attachments [;...n]']
    [,[@copy_recipients =] 'copy_recipients [;...n]'
    [,[@blind_copy_recipients =] 'blind_copy_recipients [;...n]'
    [,[@subject =] 'subject']
    [,[@type =] 'type']
    [,[@attach_results =] 'attach_value']
    [,[@no_output =] 'output_value']
    [,[@no_header =] 'header_value']
    [,[@width =] width]
    [,[@separator =] 'separator']
    [,[@echo_error =] 'echo_value']
    [,[@set_user =] 'user']
    [,[@dbuse =] 'database']

Re: How to process mail using pgSQL?

От
Tino Wildenhain
Дата:
Hi,

this sounds typical for M$ - overload the
backend with rarely used functionality :)

I think this can be much more elegant
be done outside the DB with a host language.
For example with any script language
where is should not cover more then a
few lines.

You can even trigger this from DB if
this is desired.

Regards
Tino

PS: if code example is needed, I can provide.

Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Hello
>
> you have to find xp_sendmail.
>
> PS
>

> xp_sendmail
> Sends a message and a query result set attachment to the specified
> recipients.

Re: How to process mail using pgSQL?

От
"Matthew T. O'Connor"
Дата:
On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 13:02, Irawan Tanudirdjo wrote:
> Shalom,
>
> I need to know does Postgre has email receiving and sending capability?
> (Like xp_mail in M$ SQL Server). If Postgre has this capability, can
> someone give me pointer where could I found the documentation/tutorial
> about using this mail processing capability? Thank you for your help.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I run dbmail locally.
It is a database driven mailstore with smtp/imap/pop connectors.  Dbmail
supports both postgres any mysql as the database.  I run postgres.  The
project is very polished, butit works very well.  I am subscribed to
several very active mailling lists (including general and hackers from
postgres) and have over 200,000 total messages spread across several
mailboxes (folders).  I use IMAP to view my mail, and it was taking
several minutes to open folders of this size which is very frustrating.
Moving to dbmail has made it all snappy again.