Re: How to process mail using pgSQL?

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: How to process mail using pgSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 13:02, Irawan Tanudirdjo wrote:
> Shalom,
>
> I need to know does Postgre has email receiving and sending capability?
> (Like xp_mail in M$ SQL Server). If Postgre has this capability, can
> someone give me pointer where could I found the documentation/tutorial
> about using this mail processing capability? Thank you for your help.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I run dbmail locally.
It is a database driven mailstore with smtp/imap/pop connectors.  Dbmail
supports both postgres any mysql as the database.  I run postgres.  The
project is very polished, butit works very well.  I am subscribed to
several very active mailling lists (including general and hackers from
postgres) and have over 200,000 total messages spread across several
mailboxes (folders).  I use IMAP to view my mail, and it was taking
several minutes to open folders of this size which is very frustrating.
Moving to dbmail has made it all snappy again.