Обсуждение: Language Support

Language Support

От
"Mohan A"
Дата:
Hi all,

     How can I get Postgresql to handle data in both English language and German language.  I am running Postgresql 7.3 on Linux.

     Thanks in advance for your help.

Mohan

Re: Language Support

От
Csaba Nagy
Дата:
Use Unicode. Initialize your databse with unicode encoding:

initdb -E UNICODE -D /your/data/directory

It will also help if your client code handles the data in unicode
encoding. Java is doing it by default, check your client library docs
for this.

If you already initialized your database with a different encoding, you
will most likely have to dump/recreate the db, and restore the data.

HTH,
Csaba.

On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 14:15, Mohan A wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>      How can I get Postgresql to handle data in both English language and German language.  I am running Postgresql
7.3on Linux.

>      Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Mohan

Re: Language Support

От
Karsten Hilbert
Дата:
> How can I get Postgresql to handle data in both English language and German language.
Use the encodings UNICODE or LATIN1.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346