Re: Language Support

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: Language Support
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Use Unicode. Initialize your databse with unicode encoding:

initdb -E UNICODE -D /your/data/directory

It will also help if your client code handles the data in unicode
encoding. Java is doing it by default, check your client library docs
for this.

If you already initialized your database with a different encoding, you
will most likely have to dump/recreate the db, and restore the data.

HTH,
Csaba.