Обсуждение: pgsql on jaguar (os x 10.2)

pgsql on jaguar (os x 10.2)

От
Alex Rice
Дата:
I see that M. Liyanage already has a 7.2.2 binary available for Jaguar.
You rock, Mark.

But I'm running PostGIS and need to compile my own PostgreSQL. Running
into a compile error involving port/darwin/sem.h. This is on PostgreSQL
7.2.1, OS X 10.2. Same error with gcc2.95 and gcc3.1. I used to compile
without problems on OS X 10.1. Any ideas? I would be very thankful.

gcc -traditional-cpp -g -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -I../../../../src/include   -c -o sem.o sem.c
In file included from sem.c:30:
../../../../src/include/port/darwin/sem.h:66: warning: `union semun'
declared inside parameter list
../../../../src/include/port/darwin/sem.h:66: warning: its scope is
only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
../../../../src/include/port/darwin/sem.h:66: warning: parameter has
incomplete type
sem.c:67: warning: `union semun' declared inside parameter list
sem.c:68: parameter `arg' has incomplete type
make[4]: *** [sem.o] Error 1

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice@swcp.com
alex_rice@arcrc.com

Re: pgsql on jaguar (os x 10.2)

Дата:
Alex Rice <alex_rice@arc.to> writes:
> ../../../../src/include/port/darwin/sem.h:66: warning: `union semun'
> declared inside parameter list

Hm.  Try adding #include <sys/sem.h> in the obvious place near the top
of src/include/port/darwin/sem.h.

This problem should be gone in 7.3 (which hasn't even got
src/include/port/darwin/sem.h ...) but for 7.2 you'll need to hack up
a workaround.  I'm guessing Apple moved "union semun" someplace else.

You should also read src/backend/port/darwin/README carefully, as there
may be other hacks in the 7.2 Darwin port that are no longer correct for
OSX 10.2.  We did receive a report recently that CVS tip builds on 10.2,
so I'm hopeful that the semaphore issues will be the only sticking
point, but you want to be aware of the other sharks in the water.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql on jaguar (os x 10.2)

От
Alex Rice
Дата:
On Wednesday, August 28, 2002, at 12:40 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Hm.  Try adding #include <sys/sem.h> in the obvious place near the top
> of src/include/port/darwin/sem.h.
>
> This problem should be gone in 7.3 (which hasn't even got
> src/include/port/darwin/sem.h ...) but for 7.2 you'll need to hack up
> a workaround.  I'm guessing Apple moved "union semun" someplace else.
>
> You should also read src/backend/port/darwin/README carefully, as there
> may be other hacks in the 7.2 Darwin port that are no longer correct
> for
> OSX 10.2.  We did receive a report recently that CVS tip builds on
> 10.2,
> so I'm hopeful that the semaphore issues will be the only sticking
> point, but you want to be aware of the other sharks in the water.

Mark Liyanage (http://www.entropy.ch) sent this patch for building on
10.2 and asked me to post it here. If the list server cleans the
attachment off, please feel free to ask me for it.

Thanks,

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice@swcp.com
alex_rice@arcrc.com

Вложения

Re: pgsql on jaguar (os x 10.2)

Дата:

    http://207.106.42.251/cgi-bin/pgpatches

Alex Rice wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 28, 2002, at 12:40 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> >
> > Hm.  Try adding #include <sys/sem.h> in the obvious place near the top
> > of src/include/port/darwin/sem.h.
> >
> > This problem should be gone in 7.3 (which hasn't even got
> > src/include/port/darwin/sem.h ...) but for 7.2 you'll need to hack up
> > a workaround.  I'm guessing Apple moved "union semun" someplace else.
> >
> > You should also read src/backend/port/darwin/README carefully, as there
> > may be other hacks in the 7.2 Darwin port that are no longer correct
> > for
> > OSX 10.2.  We did receive a report recently that CVS tip builds on
> > 10.2,
> > so I'm hopeful that the semaphore issues will be the only sticking
> > point, but you want to be aware of the other sharks in the water.
>
> Mark Liyanage (http://www.entropy.ch) sent this patch for building on
> 10.2 and asked me to post it here. If the list server cleans the
> attachment off, please feel free to ask me for it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alex Rice, Software Developer
> Architectural Research Consultants, Inc.
> alrice@swcp.com
> alex_rice@arcrc.com

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: pgsql on jaguar (os x 10.2)

Дата:
> Your patch has been added to the PostgreSQL unapplied patches list at:

[ scratches head... ]

This patch is irrelevant to CVS tip, no?  Or are you planning a 7.2.3
release just for Jaguar?

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql on jaguar (os x 10.2)

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Your patch has been added to the PostgreSQL unapplied patches list at:
>
> [ scratches head... ]
>
> This patch is irrelevant to CVS tip, no?  Or are you planning a 7.2.3
> release just for Jaguar?

No, I didn't realize this was 7.2.X only.  I will reject it.

Re: pgsql on jaguar (os x 10.2)

Дата:
Patch rejected.  We will have PostgreSQL working properly with Jaguar
7.3 so this patch isn't needed, and we don't plan on another 7.2.X
release.

Alex Rice wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 28, 2002, at 12:40 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> >
> > Hm.  Try adding #include <sys/sem.h> in the obvious place near the top
> > of src/include/port/darwin/sem.h.
> >
> > This problem should be gone in 7.3 (which hasn't even got
> > src/include/port/darwin/sem.h ...) but for 7.2 you'll need to hack up
> > a workaround.  I'm guessing Apple moved "union semun" someplace else.
> >
> > You should also read src/backend/port/darwin/README carefully, as there
> > may be other hacks in the 7.2 Darwin port that are no longer correct
> > for
> > OSX 10.2.  We did receive a report recently that CVS tip builds on
> > 10.2,
> > so I'm hopeful that the semaphore issues will be the only sticking
> > point, but you want to be aware of the other sharks in the water.
>
> Mark Liyanage (http://www.entropy.ch) sent this patch for building on
> 10.2 and asked me to post it here. If the list server cleans the
> attachment off, please feel free to ask me for it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alex Rice, Software Developer
> Architectural Research Consultants, Inc.
> alrice@swcp.com
> alex_rice@arcrc.com

[ Attachment, skipping... ]