Обсуждение: Craetalang function can't find libgcc_s.so.1 on Solaris 8

Craetalang function can't find libgcc_s.so.1 on Solaris 8

От
Randall Perry
Дата:
I successfully compiled, installed, initdb'ed' and started Postgres 7.2.1
only to discover createlang wouldn't work. Here's the error:

# /usr/local/pgsql/bin/createlang plpgsql template1
ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so failed: ld.so.1:
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such
file or directory
createlang: language installation failed

Libgcc_s.so.1 is in the environment path at /usr/local/lib.

What gives?

--
Randy Perry
sysTame

phn                 772.589.6449
mobile email        help@systame.com

Re: Craetalang function can't find libgcc_s.so.1 on Solaris

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Randall Perry dijo:

> I successfully compiled, installed, initdb'ed' and started Postgres 7.2.1
> only to discover createlang wouldn't work. Here's the error:
>
> # /usr/local/pgsql/bin/createlang plpgsql template1
> ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so failed: ld.so.1:
> /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such
> file or directory
> createlang: language installation failed
>
> Libgcc_s.so.1 is in the environment path at /usr/local/lib.

Put /usr/local/lib in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or in /etc/ld.so.conf (I'm
assuming Linux's ld.so behaviour; I don't know whether Solaris is
similar.  At least the LD_LIBRARY_PATH trick should work).  That should
do the trick.

"Granting software the freedom to evolve guarantees only different results,
not better ones." (Zygo Blaxell)

Re: Craetalang function can't find libgcc_s.so.1 on

От
Randall Perry

> Randall Perry dijo:
>
>> I successfully compiled, installed, initdb'ed' and started Postgres 7.2.1
>> only to discover createlang wouldn't work. Here's the error:
>>
>> # /usr/local/pgsql/bin/createlang plpgsql template1
>> ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so failed: ld.so.1:
>> /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such
>> file or directory
>> createlang: language installation failed
>>
>> Libgcc_s.so.1 is in the environment path at /usr/local/lib.
>
> Put /usr/local/lib in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or in /etc/ld.so.conf (I'm
> assuming Linux's ld.so behaviour; I don't know whether Solaris is
> similar.  At least the LD_LIBRARY_PATH trick should work).  That should
> do the trick.

It was already in both LD_LIBRARY_PATH and POSTGRES_LIB. Solaris doesn't
have ld.so.conf.